Id This Fish From Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tropic_john

Fish Herder
Reaction score
so, I was in france with my school, and happened to visit a french aqurium and I took this pic of a fish which I\'m trying to figure out what it is...

Ideas; Red Banded Snapper
IMG_5619.jpg

And This Is The Fish We're Trying To ID

Attachments

• lol.jpg
    lol.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 58
Sorry John, don't know what this is, looks a bit like a grouper but not sure about it's mouth - think we need Ben or Scott for this one - but one thing I do know - they need more cuc in that tank p:

Seffie x

oh yeah, it had real bad diatoms :sick

apparently in such a big tank, diatoms take longer to get rid of [the tank has been running for about 7 weeks] when pic was taken :)

Gallagher, I think you're right, it probably is a red banded snappr. However, it might either be a young snapper that hasn't developed its full colours yet, an older snappr that is starting to lose its colour due to old age or it has a genetic difference that makes its colours slightly darker than usual

hi mate its an adult pale grouper

it shouldnt be in a reef as the nip corals but they are very rarley seen and they have been listed on the red list before maybe 15-20 years ago but you dont really get them for the aquariums now as they can grow to about 3-4 ft long but nevery seeen them that size

regards scott

and they are hard to keep in capacity only becouse they like to eat corals for tthey main diet thats all i know lol

regards scott

can you post picture of a pale grouper. I cant find any/ the ones i do find look nothing like the fish lol

James :good:

That might be the fish I took a picture of, since the site its on is french [henc the 'poisson' in the URL]

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back