Id Puffer Fish.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

meehan09

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello, Ive today gotten two puffer fish and would like an ID please,

Im sure there dwaf puffers, but need to be certain so i know wether i need to add salt for them.

Hope you can help me out, picture below !

sorry about bad pics, best two i could tak with mobile :)

4e570ca392d535cb0e57d80daa7c8500.JPG

808eb2d19a1071a0d558fc2767271120.JPG

Thanks,
Paul

I can bearly make out the pictures, could you take better ones? I think I looks like a GSP from the pictures, but not gauranteed. Dwarf Puffers are grand.

look like dwarf puffers to me picture quality isnt great but i can make out the green body with white underbelly and im assuming they have black spots.

these type of puffers do best in slightly salty water like brackish tanks im not sure about full saltwater tanks. i know they wont do well in freshwater.

look like dwarf puffers to me picture quality isnt great but i can make out the green body with white underbelly and im assuming they have black spots.

these type of puffers do best in slightly salty water like brackish tanks im not sure about full saltwater tanks. i know they wont do well in freshwater.

Dwarf puffers are totally fresh water! Do not add salt, they do not like it!

Ok so this puffer doesnt need salt?

He is a greeney/yellowish colour, with white belly and black spots?

Sorry about the bad picture has was from mobile, and cant really get a better pic :(

Hope someone can help and direct m if salt is needed, thanks

hello mate, click link
[URL="http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=299229"]http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=299229[/URL]
does your puffers look like these, i got these from a forum member a couple of days ago, they need freshwater and a temp of round 26c, planted tanks make them comfortable and dont be fooled they can be aggressive, they are great little things, and have only had them a couple of days, the makes i laff, eat bloodworm, be careful not to remove them from the water, apparently they get air trapped inside of them and it can lead to deaf....they put bag under water and netted them into bag without removing them from the water, so i added them into my tank in same fashion

you have some choices from what a can make out
dwarf puffer
figure eight puffer
green spotted puffer

Yes it does look like the dwarf puffer :), And yes i just wanted to make sure about the salt thing, aslongs has its not needed then ill be fine, and what other types of foods will the puffer eat besides his bloodworms?

Thanks

Actually after reading that article it looks more like them

Rizzle.png

Are thease also fine in freshwater? or do they need salt? and still what other foods would this green puffer eat?

Thanks

Can you help on this please ? and hes food besides bloodworm, cheers

Yes i think they the green puffers or dwarfs?, Would i need to add the salt? and can you explain how and witch salt you would recommend.

and ok ill try with live bloodworm etc etc,thankyou :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back