Id Help Please

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

calversbuyuk

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hello,
Really want to know the name of every fish I have in my tank but I don't know where to start.
Here is a video of my fish, sorry about the misty water had just moved tank about inside.

Did photos but they wont stay still so heres a vid and a couple of photos -- --

or heres a link - http://s1222.photobucket.com/user/calversbuyuk/media/20130609_195103_zps7e77cf23.mp4.html

pics

these 2 are probably the best ones -

The yellow one is
Electric Yellow
(Labidochromis caeruleus)

The one with the spots is
Fulleborni Cichlid, Blossom
(Labeotropheus fuelleborni)

The one with the stripes is
Malieri Cichlid
(Julidochromis marlier)

The one that is dull in color (sort of looks gray) is
Cylindricus Cichclid
(Neolamprologus cylindricus)

The blue one looks to be
Blue Johanni Cichlid
(Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos)

jcabs100 said:
The yellow one is
Electric Yellow
(Labidochromis caeruleus)

The one with the spots is
Fulleborni Cichlid, Blossom
(Labeotropheus fuelleborni)

The one with the stripes is
Malieri Cichlid
(Julidochromis marlier)

The one that is dull in color (sort of looks gray) is
Cylindricus Cichclid
(Neolamprologus cylindricus)

The blue one looks to be
Blue Johanni Cichlid
(Melanochromis cyaneorhabdos)
Perfect thank you for that!!!
What would you say about the bluey/grey one but with stripes coming down him from top to bottom? he is seen in the 1st pic below the video next to the dark blue one?

I'm not sure which ones you're thinking are julidochromis, as I can't see any in the photos. I also doubt that they're electric yellows, look more like a yellow variant of a zebra cichlid. I also don't see any cylindricus in there... Just my 2 cents.

As above, there isnt any julies or cylindricus in there. Unfortunately im  not clued up on malawi.

TooManyChoices said:
I'm not sure which ones you're thinking are julidochromis, as I can't see any in the photos. I also doubt that they're electric yellows, look more like a yellow variant of a zebra cichlid. I also don't see any cylindricus in there... Just my 2 cents.
Can I ask what you think all the fish are please?

I'm going from what I saw in the pictures and what they might look like I could be wrong yes but, it's just what I think they are.
Now that I see it again it can be a johanni of a different color.

ah ok thanks for the replies everyone, shall I get some better pictures if I can or a better video? will that help

the orange/peach colored ones are red zebras, the orange with black spots is an ob zebra, the yellow one with horizontal black strips is melanochromis auratus, and the solid yellow fish looks to be a lab/zebra mix. for any i didnt name try to get a better picture and I'll see if I can help.

the yellow one with horizontal black strips is melanochromis auratus
That crossed my mind, but I don't think it is, auratus (females) are noticeable yellow and have different tail patterns. Possible it is, but I'm dubious. 

cheers guys ok im going to get some better pics and upload soon. Cheers

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back