Ick

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

The best and easiest cure for ich is heat.
Raise the temp to 30 degrees with no meds. The lifecycle of the ich parasite is sped up by the heat, so they will drop off of the fish quicker at the higher temperature.
regular gravel vacuuming and water changes will help to reduce the free swimming parasites.
this was the advice given to me, my ich went and I lost zero fish.
Usually works like a charm but Iā€™ve been doing that for 9 days now and nothing. Even with salt and meds.

Usually works like a charm but Iā€™ve been doing that for 9 days now and nothing. Even with salt and meds.
I was reading that my corydoras wonā€™t do well with the temperature change, that they wonā€™t tolerate that for two weeks!? Can you clarify?
Thank you

You can even add aquarium salt which will help with the ick. Ya the ick guard should help get rid of the ick.
Derek,

I donā€™t see any dots on any of the fish anymore, should I do the temperature increase still for two weeks or does that mean the medication worked?How long should I do daily changes for ?

Yes continue to do water changes, raise rhe temp and continue adding the ick medicine because you dont want the ick to come back. Make sure you vacum the gravel realley good and watch to see if they are scratching on the bottom which is a sign that they might still have ick on them. I would say after a week or two of no signs of ick would be good enough to stop the treatment/water changes.

Yes continue to do water changes, raise rhe temp and continue adding the ick medicine because you dont want the ick to come back. Make sure you vacum the gravel realley good and watch to see if they are scratching on the bottom which is a sign that they might still have ick on them. I would say after a week or two of no signs of ick would be good enough to stop the treatment/water changes.
Thank you I really appreciate it!!!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back