Ick on white molly

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

corylover5

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I recently had an ick outbreak in my tank and one of my mollies which was a bright white/silver balloon molly got ick pretty badly. I have my temperature raised to 86 degrees right now and it's been like that for almost a week. The spots on all my fish are gone but there are still a few spots left on my balloon molly. I noticed tonight that where any of the spots were that had disappeared on that molly there was a redish brown color on his fins. Why is the ick turning his fins a different color? Will the redish color eventually fade back to the white coloring? Thank you in advance

The white spot parasite attaches to the fish and produces a protective white cyst (house) over its body. The cyst is glued onto the fish and the parasite lives in it and bits a hole in the fish and drinks its blood. When the parasite drops off the fish, it leaves a small wound and some scar tissue. This should clear up in a month or so.

Make sure you keep treating the tank for at least 1 week after all the spots have disappeared.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back