FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I'm hoping it's not any disease. These fish have been in this tank for over 5 weeks. I think nitrate poisoning, can anyone help with this? I have low funds and the only things I need are a small heater and something to hold these two fish in. Does anyone have ideas or best places to get cheap small heater and medicine tank?

Can't help with the purchase of things as I'm in the UK however salt doesn't kill the snails.
I have just had to use salt myself on a tank with snails in to treat fish showing white lumps, fungal sort of growth on the mouth etc.
I believe it's worked as I can't see any further infection though the fungal growth on the mouth has apparently caused damage that is irreversible. However the fish seems OK otherwise.

Can't help with the purchase of things as I'm in the UK however salt doesn't kill the snails.
I have just had to use salt myself on a tank with snails in to treat fish showing white lumps, fungal sort of growth on the mouth etc.
I believe it's worked as I can't see any further infection though the fungal growth on the mouth has apparently caused damage that is irreversible. However the fish seems OK otherwise.
Im trying to get something to use as a hospital tank. Then I'm going to get some fungal stuff from api, it's only 8$ here. So I'll get that, I'll grab a heater and and air stone and some salt. The white fish is about to die. I'm going to take the two mostly affected fish and treat them. Meanwhile I'm going to add a teeny bit of salt to the main tank,to try and take out whatever this is while treating the others in a different tank.

Im trying to get something to use as a hospital tank. Then I'm going to get some fungal stuff from api, it's only 8$ here. So I'll get that, I'll grab a heater and and air stone and some salt. The white fish is about to die. I'm going to take the two mostly affected fish and treat them. Meanwhile I'm going to add a teeny bit of salt to the main tank,to try and take out whatever this is while treating the others in a different tank.
UPDATE!!!
I GOT A QT TANK. Used 50% water and 50% old tank water. Nano heater and a air stone going. The glow tetra does not seem to be happy. He's swimming diagonally and going up and down the one side of the tank. It's a 5gal plastic tub. IS IT OKAY TO USE AQUARIUM SALT AND MELAFIX TOGETHER??

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Back