ICH??

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Anonymous Fox

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I think one of my Dwarf Gourami has ICH. But I also think not It was rlly later and I was very tired when I saw it (it was a swollen-ish white spot) but I moved it to my 10-gallon tank (that should be housing a betta) and it was rubbing itself against the rocks and glass-like it was trying to itch itself. also, IDK if this is normal, but his poop *kind of looks like sausages on strings* I'm not home rn, but I'll share pics later. I don't really think it IS ich, It's not everywhere, and it did not spread to the other fish.
@Colin_T ?

pictures of the fish?
2021-07-24 (3).jpeg
2021-07-24 (2).jpeg
canvas (25).png

i tried my best, he seemed scared of the phone.

Can't really tell from the pictures but it is not white spot.
It looks like a wound that is inflamed or the start of an ulcer.

Stringy white poop is an issue. Coloured poop is normal for fish.

You can try doing a 75% water change and gravel cleaning the substrate every day for a week. This will reduce any disease organisms in the water and make it easier for the fish to heal. If it gets worse during that time, then post more pictures. But at this stage, it's wait and see what happens to the lump.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

It's not fungus, which is white and fluffy.

It's either a wound or the start of an ulcer.
You can try adding salt (1-2 heaped tablespoons of rock salt/ aquarium salt per 20 litres of water). If there's no improvement after a week of salt you might need a broad spectrum medication that treats bacteria, fungus and protozoan infections. If that fails then it will need anti-biotics but you will need to find out (contact a fish vet) what sort of bacteria is causing the problem before using anti-biotics because there are lots of different bacteria and some are drug resistant and don't respond to any medication. If it comes down to this it is usually cheaper to euthanise the fish and not replace it.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back