ICH scare help!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Salt is fine for the mystery snail:)
Really? I'm so scared because the breeder (life with Pets) who's famous on youtube told me not to! I purchase purple mystery snails from her and I would hate to kill them because they are expensive and rare also because i don't want them to die lol. Have you used it and had luck?

Thank you! My issue is my water heater cannot be adjusted and remains at about 75... Do you think this is warm enough?
I think Ich is highly contagious. And once they can be seen then there's many more that can't be seen. I think it needs to be closer or higher than 82 degrees otherwise it does nothing. It might be worth the $10 to get an adjustable heater via Amazon so you can turn the temp up, and change out some of the water. I think it's contagious enough that just by using the same equipment it can be spread. Do you happen to have any pictures of the tetras? It would be best to leave your betta in the tank and treat the tank. Ich is in the water so by removing just your betta and treating isn't going to do much. I still would suggest a water change, even if you just changed it yesterday. If ich is present that's where it will be right now. If you're concerned about your PH you could split the water changes up over a period of hours. Maybe do 10% -20% water change every 3 hours. It may seem like a hassle now, but in the long run it may save you from an outbreak of ich.

Really? I'm so scared because the breeder (life with Pets) who's famous on youtube told me not to! I purchase purple mystery snails from her and I would hate to kill them because they are expensive and rare also because i don't want them to die lol. Have you used it and had luck?
They can tolerate the amount of salt you would be using to treat. They probably will have a more difficult time tolerating an actual ICH treatment

Most ich treatments contain copper; they would definitely kill the snail. The only option when medicating a tank with snails is to move the snails out until the medication is totally removed from the tank.

As already stated you don't need medication or salt. Best to act now and get that temp up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back