Ich on Clowns

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

IchyFishy

Reaction score
Hi guys went on holiday for the weeknd came back to ich on 4of6 clown loaches.

I bought a Pearl gourami the week before and couldn’t find him in the tank at all when I got back I assume he probably had it died and infected the rest (should of isolate I know) there was a slight bump in ammonia but only small my guess is my pictus and pleco consumed him quickly

yeah so I got back 4 of 6 clown loaches with ich and my other fish are flashing I removed the ammonia through water changes then I cranked up the temp to 86 and used a tiny bit of salt about a quarter dose after this had no affect for the first day I used superickcure as I read a lot of people had good luck with it. I’m currently on the 3rd day. And no results (also I have multiple air stones running the tank) so there’s plenty of oxygen In There
Any tips about what I should do. Tomorrow I plan to do a full dose leading to a 6 day treatment phase instead of 4. The bottle states to half dose with certain fish and obviously with fish like clown loaches you should but the first dose was ahalf dose to no avail and the second dose i done yesterday was a 3 quarter dose with still no change although this was 16hrs ago . Sorry I know this is messy just tryna get everything I can in that could be useful 😂 thanks for reading any advice/ help would be great
96C7C4AF-C90D-4635-829E-94A16966F8CA.jpeg

Attachments

• BF225661-29E7-4602-91C8-78554E95FB6C.jpeg
    BF225661-29E7-4602-91C8-78554E95FB6C.jpeg
    159.9 KB · Views: 21
Just use heat and no meds for ich. Leave the temperature up for around 10 days and then another week once the last spot has disappeared.

I agree. Never combine so-called ich medications. Heat alone will kill ich in the free-swimming stage (the only stage of the ich life cycle when it is vulnerable). Loaches can withstand high temperatures, just ensure there is good surface disturbance to keep the oxygen exchange good.

I would do a major water change (or a couple) to get rid of the "medication," as this is stressful to fish and loaches are somewhat sensitive to these additives. A temperature of 30C/86F or slightly higher for two full weeks.

The salt should not hurt, but given the loaches most suggest not using it, heat alone will kill the ich.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back