Ich emergency

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tsar-bomba

Reaction score
I recently found this fish in my 10gal tank
upload_2019-6-27_22-3-36.jpeg

Any idea what it is

Looks like some sort of livebearer fry (molly, guppy, platty, etc.). Do you have any livebearers in the tank?

Thanks, it seems the origanle Mickey platties must have left them behind
We also recently found a second one
Hitlerfish’s rein continues!!!

Last edited:
I agree with @Naughts its a platy fry. And isn’t he cute! Make sure you have lots of live plants to give him the best chance of survival.

Best of luck!
No possibility of live plants, but plenty of artificial plants and small food flakes

They both had white lumps but no longer do
I think they gave the lumps to an other fish, anything to worry about?

They both had white lumps but no longer do
I think they gave the lumps to an other fish, anything to worry about?
A picture would have been useful. Lumps could be anything.

If you can’t see any visible problems on any other fish, I wouldn’t worry too much. Just keep a close eye out.

Good luck! :fish:

The lumps are white

Attachments

• 80D8127B-BED4-44F0-98DC-F1439417BAED.jpeg
    80D8127B-BED4-44F0-98DC-F1439417BAED.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 270
Looks like Ich to me. I would do a water change & start treatment immediately. There are several ich treatments available or you can try to treat with aquarium salt. Melafix & super ick cure have both worked for me in the past. Be careful with salt. ‘Aquarium salt at 3-5 grams/liter for two weeks can be used to treat mild infections of Ich. Be aware that some soft water species and some catfishes can be more sensitive to salt.’ Be sure you are dosing for the correct volume of your tank, not just what is listed as the tank size.
Raise your temperature to at least 80-84°F and start treating the whole tank. I’m sure Colin can provide more detailed assistance.

Good luck!

Perfect timing, as I think my guppies ate one of the platies!!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back