ICH AND GLAZED EYES

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DROPDEADFISH1 said:
IS ANYBODY ON

i AM HAVING ALOT OF TROUBLE WITH MY FISH TANK!! tHE FISH ARE ALL DYING AND i USED mELLA fIX FOR SIX DAYS AND THEN i USED ICH MEDICATION FOR 7 DAYS AND ALL OF MY FISH ARE STILL DYING. cAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT TO DO???tHEY ALL HAVE A COATING ON THEIR EYES NOW AND THE PROBLEM JUST SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE.i WAS THINKING ABOUT JUST FLUSHIMNG THE FISH AND EMPTYING THE TANK AND JUST STARTING COMPLETELY OVER??? i HAD ABOUT 30 FISH AND NOW ONLY HAVE 6. cAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP???? :/

Ive had this problem recently as a secondary infection after a nasty dose of velvet,i'm afraid to say that once the eyes have clouded over it seems to be 100% fatal :( However a couple of fish that i caught it on early enough seem to be pulling through (fingers crossed tightly).I transfered them to a seperate hospital tank and treated them with a product called Myxazin,but unfortunately i think this is only available in the UK but i think it is based on malachite green (spelling) which should be globally available

I remember in the distant past having a heated debate with several friends on this site that have now departed to pastures anew. The debate was about flushing fish down the loo. Can any of the old timers remember that debate. One of the best debates, most passionate came from someone who turned out to be a good friend-Alien Anna. Is she still around? :fun:

no but there is a good discussion down the board about euthanising a fish. the post is called Vodka. Some tried killing a fish by dipping it in a vodka solution.

First of all flushing fish is a horrible death for them.

Second try Maricyn two you will need one box per ten gallons of water as their are 8 tablets per box. You need 2 per every 10 gals of water the first day and 1 per evey 10 the next four days.

Mine had ich and after that was done the popeye showed up fast and furious. One was so bad i was sure it was going to die that afternoon but the treatment saved all of their lives so far. I did however lose a female after she gave birth but I am finding this to be fairly common for small mollies.

If you just can't deal please don't flush. Think of being killed by slow smoke inhalation.

Mr. Bink.
There were a whole array of comparisons on the forum about what a fish "feels" when flushed down the loo. There too were "fors" and "againsts" It was a very emotive subject, a damn good debate as I recall. Maybe we can re-cycle the debate amongst our newbies?

A sharp blow with a heavy object (fishing tackle stores sell something called a "priest" which is designed for doing this,bit like a mini truncheon) is best,theyre dead instantly with no mess.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back