Ice Hockey

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SteelerLuke

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Does anyone else follow Ice Hockey?

I live in the UK & the standard of hockey over here is not great, it's been said it's on par with the ECHL of North America.

In my opinion it's the best sport there is, the action on the ice is fast, physical & tense, it really is edge of your seat, adrenaline pumping stuff. Also the fans are fantastic with eachother, it's a family sport so there is no bad language & hockey fans are all one no matter which team you support.

I follow the Sheffield Steelers in England, & the Boston Bruins of the NHL :)

If anyone is interested in checking out our league then follow this link EIHL & you can also view my teams' website by clicking the link in my signature.

Regards,

Luke

They're based at the Motorpoint Arena (aka Sheffield arena) just across the road from Cineworld

I once followed Hockey, but live in a state that now has the distinction of losing not one but three pro teams. Two NHL and one IHL. All three teams ended up in Canada.

Die hard Calgary Flames fan here. I played some high end hockey in my younger days but quit early as I was eager to join the work force. A regret I'll take to my grave. :(

Die hard Calgary Flames fan here. I played some high end hockey in my younger days but quit early as I was eager to join the work force. A regret I'll take to my grave. :(
Thanks mate, Flames left when I was a boy.

Were you a Flames fan when they were in Atlanta? A bit before my time. I was six when Calgary won the cup in '89. That's my earliest memories of being a Flames fan. I remember certain parts of games like it was yesterday.

Were you a Flames fan when they were in Atlanta? A bit before my time. I was six when Calgary won the cup in '89. That's my earliest memories of being a Flames fan. I remember certain parts of games like it was yesterday.

Was a bit young meself, during the Flames time here. My brother went to a few games. I made it to several Knights games, including game 1 and 2 when we won the Turner cup. Never went to a Thrashers game. Rather disapointed with management. Every quality player was traded away. Got an ECHL team in Gwinnett now, the Gladiators.
But nobody beats a team name like the old Macon Whoopie.
As for y'all winning Lord Stanley's Cup, I don't like you no more.

Macon Whoopee is my go to Fantasy Hockey team name. Currently on the verge of securing a league championship :D

You certainly weren't the only one not going to Thrashers games. What a poorly ran organization that was. What a shame. I am very happy to have Winnipeg back, but I hate seeing die hard fans lose their teams.

Macon Whoopee is my go to Fantasy Hockey team name. Currently on the verge of securing a league championship :D

You certainly weren't the only one not going to Thrashers games. What a poorly ran organization that was. What a shame. I am very happy to have Winnipeg back, but I hate seeing die hard fans lose their teams.
Aye glad to see the Thrashers go to Winnipeg, good home for hockey.
Was a bit of bad blood in the Thrashers coming to Atlanta. Group starting the team forced out the Knights. Knights were going to move to Gwinnett, where the Gladiators now play, but as it is just a stones throw from the practice facility they put up a stink. So the Knights were sold to Quebec.
As for poorly run sports organizations, that's how it works in Atlanta. I remember going to Braves games as a boy. If two thousand fans showed up it was a good crowd.

I did my schooling in Ontario in the early nineties during a golden age of the NHL so I was a leafs fan by proxy. I had no real interest in (ice) hockey at the time but it's rather unavoidable. In this country I've seen the Durham Wasps and Whitley bay Arsegoblins but nothing matches the NHL for intensity, skill and violence. Incidentally, I went to a school in Brantford which also boasts a certain famous hockey player amongst it's alumni. Wayne something or other...

I KINDA follow Ice Hockey... I'm a little lover for hockey. :p
I watch the NHL finals, and I was stuck on the T.V. ;)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back