Ibs - Wheat Gluten Free Fresh Bread.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
As Above,

Anyone know of any bakeries that make Fresh/Frozen Wheat and Gluten free Bread.
I only know of one in Nuneaton.
Cannot stand the Rice bread or Bricks you can get.
IBS has become very Severe Recently, Had to go Cold Turkey.

None of the below:
Wheat
Gluten
Dairy
Egg
Meat
Green Vegetables - No Onions,Mushrooms,Peppers,Carrots, Tomato, Leafy Salads
Fruit - All Fruits Fresh or Dried.
Nothing Fried
Nuts and Seeds
No Spices - Only a little Salt and pepper.
No Punjabi Food gave up most of this a few months ago.

Reduced to Rice Noodles and The free from range and Trufree.
for 3 days food Cost me over 30GBP Alot for me now that i can only work PT because of the Epilepsy.

How about beans, can you eat them?

Red beans and rice do wonders, also, avoid white rice if you can handle brown rice, you'll end up with more health effects from the nutrient defficiency than I would care to imagine.

How about beans, can you eat them?

Red beans and rice do wonders, also, avoid white rice if you can handle brown rice, you'll end up with more health effects from the nutrient defficiency than I would care to imagine.

Nope no Beans/Pulses either.

I am taking vitamin Supplements and Soya Drinks with a tiny amount of fruit in it AdZ

Have been ok so far - Rice noodles with a little seasoning and Rye bread is my main food.
Soya Yogurts and Soya Milk with TRu free Shortbread is Ok.

Bought some Dairy free Chocolate - Tastes Ok but Damn Expensive.

Hi Gill

do you have coeliac desiese or just a wheat intolerance?

I know some local bakeries make gluten free bread but to be honist its pretty bad. Its very heavy and its like a brick. Not nice to eat at all.

Do you know of the coeliac UK charity ? site

My mum works for them. shes the editor of the crossed grain magazine.

I can usualy find out information about lots of differnt stuff much quicker than anyone else, i can just phone her up at work and she can ask the whole office.

I can enquire for you.

let me know if theres anything else I can help you.

Is yeast ok?

You can make a reasonable gluten free flour using a mix of rice and potato starch and xanthan gum.

Try this link or this link I know it is not dairy free but you could probably substitute the butter and cheese with another fat source like olive oil/soya bean oil.

I don't mean to ask a personal question but are you allergic to all these foods? Are there some that have less of a reaction? Will green vegetables just give you a rash while nuts will stop you breathing? I am just wracking my brain to think of some more interesting and healthy things for you. I am a chef and I want to provide a good tasty recipe for you but I can't think of anything.

I guess you might be seeing someone like a doctor about this and a proffesional nutritionist might be able to help you find a balanced diet working around the things you can't eat.

Dylan

IBS has become very Severe Recently, Had to go Cold Turkey.

None of the below:
Wheat
Gluten
Dairy
Egg
Meat
Green Vegetables - No Onions,Mushrooms,Peppers,Carrots, Tomato, Leafy Salads
Fruit - All Fruits Fresh or Dried.
Nothing Fried
Nuts and Seeds
No Spices - Only a little Salt and pepper.
No Punjabi Food gave up most of this a few months ago.

Maybe a bit of a silly question, but do you take anything for your IBS? I'm on Magnesium Hydroxide (also known as Milk of Magnesia) tablets myself. 1 Tablet contains 724 mg of magnesiumhydroxide and I'm supposed to take 4 a day but usually only use half that on good days. Works pretty well for me, though I've found myself getting used to them now and needing to up the doseage. I'm also supposed to use Psyllium (1 sachet of 3,25g psyllium) but I really can not drink this. It's absolutely disgusting.

As for foods, I don't tend to watch mine even though I know I should (and yes, I do notice when I've been really bad :p) =/
Have a look at these 2 sites:

What to eat (or more, what to leave)
Recipes when you're really stuck for food

Thanks for the info guys.

Its just an intolerance to these food that has become worse over the years.
Sometimes I can eat Green Salad 1 day and not the other.
Get Severe Bowel Cramp and Abdominal Pains.
RE Meds, I have tried all Prescription and Natural Remedies without effect. Some Prescription Meds have even Burnt Me Internally :angry: :sick: :crazy:.
I just tend to leave these food groups alone and then after a while slowly re-introduce them. Bu know not gonna bother and stay on a very simple diet free from these.
I made a cheesecake yesterday using Lactose free and TruFree Digestives, and it tasted fine.
The bread I get is actually nice and not a brick - Comes frozen and is only 1.20 a loaf, so not too bad.

Hi,

Sorry I somehow missed the IBS last time I read this. I believe this is different for different people right? So some people can eat things that others can't.

Things I would have thought were good for a problem like this ie dried fruit are not good it seems.

Does the way things are cook have an effect? Like if you cook the vegetables into a smooth soup is that different from having them raw?

I am curious about this condition as my dad may have something along these lines and he has problems with certain food groups like starches, dairy etc but is fine with small amounts of meat and lots of fruit vegetables and nuts.

Hi,

Sorry I somehow missed the IBS last time I read this. I believe this is different for different people right? So some people can eat things that others can't.

Things I would have thought were good for a problem like this ie dried fruit are not good it seems.

Does the way things are cook have an effect? Like if you cook the vegetables into a smooth soup is that different from having them raw?

I am curious about this condition as my dad may have something along these lines and he has problems with certain food groups like starches, dairy etc but is fine with small amounts of meat and lots of fruit vegetables and nuts.

The way the food is cooked does afect me.
I am usually fine with the foods my Grandma Cooks as she uses Clarified Butter to cook with, But if its a little different then can't eat it.
I hate going to freinds houses and not being able to eat anything.
I took my Gran to a freinds on Monday and she had made lovley Somosas and Spring Rolls. I said no thanks, But in the end had 1 small Samosa, Within a few minutes i could feeel the effects. Went home and tried to retch it back up, but nothing. So ate nothing the rest of the day and had bread for supper, Yesterday had Really Bad "Trots" and only ate in the evening, a few Biccies.

It really is different depending on the person.

It changes all the time, Plus Losing weight is Soooooooooooooooooo hard as its hard enough just eating.
I find that the Danone Drinks help give me a boost in the morning and Sometimes Nutella (Hazelenut Spread ) can help.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back