Ibar V's Juwel Highlight

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

TUpton98

Reaction score
I am about to start a my first planted tank after moving house and previously keeping just fish. :hyper: In prepearation I want to get all my equipment ready first.

As my Juwel Rio 125 has the standard lighting this was what I was looking at replacing initially. After doing some research I have seen the option of either the Arcadia iBar or the new Juwel Highlight ballasts. What I require is some feedback and opinions of either of these and recommedation as to which one to purchase.

I hear that Arcadia produce a better quality bulb and better range of bulbs..?

any feeback/advise would be appreciated.

Terry

You have lots of options on upgrading the light,=.. Either rip out what you have a get all new, get an over tank luminary or add to what you already have. What of those do you prefer the most? Also what kind of tank are you after, high or low light?

Sam

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your replay. I am looking at a medium-high light tank and was hoping that I could replace the ballast on the Juwel tank to keep it a closed top still, so an overtank might not be best suited. The iBar and Juwel Highlights allow for the access panels to be attached still giving a closed top on the tank. The problem is I am not sure which is better to get the ibar of Juwel Highlight?

I am drawn towards the iBar due to a few reasons:
1) The tube lengths (I have read Juwel have specific tube lengths restricting you to their tubes.
2) The cost of the Arcadia tubes aer less than the Juwel highlight tubes
3) The choice of tubes in the Arcadia range is better than Juwel.

Really I wanted some feedback from people who have either of these and what their opinions are on them?

Cheers,

If you want a really high tech tank then you want to get a luminaire or shove like 4 T5HOs in there.

Ibars and Juwels only have 2 T5HOs, good but if you do want high tech, then more is better.

I'd go with the ibar. Any firm that comes out with a fitting that can only take it's own tubes is daft. Their range of tubes is also small and I guess at least as costly as the tubes available for the ibar.

Overall, costs are likely to be similar yet with the ibar you have a greater possibility of getting the tubes you want. Don't forget, you don't need to use Arcadia tubes, pretty much any manufacturer's tubes will fit the ibar!

WK

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back