Ian's Lfs Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ian

plant your tank
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Having got quite friendly with my local LFS manager/owner over the last few years, he gave me the opportunity to do his display tank. The tank is a home made, around 125 ltrs cube. This sits on the counter alongside the marine display tank. Having put in the plant order from Tropica, we got round to scaping it today. I have been at it since very early this morning. All the stuff used in the scape is available from the LFS, which is 'The Aquarium' in Lincoln. I had a choice of wood, but decided to go with JBL mangrove wood as it's not used much in scapes, and Dragon stone. There will be more photo's to come over the next few weeks. This tank can be viewed from 2 sides which made it more of a challenge!

Hardscape
kev4.jpg

Plants going in
kev2.jpg

The 2 views of the tank
kev1.jpg

Stems and Balansae at the back right hand corner (they are small at present)
kev5.jpg

Dragon stone
kev3.jpg

The flood
kev6.jpg

more pics to come over the next week as am work all weekend.

Thanks for looking.

That's stunning! I've tried for years to create something like that but it never looks quite right. How do you do it?

How do you do it?

Thanks Blinky!

It's taken loads of practice, reading and looking through other journals. I still class myself as a newb in the scaping dept, i spent a couple of years just concentrating on growing plants, then started on the scaping.

Absolutely amazing mate! Told you you would be fine!

Thanks Minnnt and thanks for your support on FB:good:

What a great opportunity! Looks great too

Thanks Si, it should look better once the stems take at the back.

It's a very interesting shape to scape, sort of removes a few elements but add loads of new ones too if that makes sense.

It's a very interesting shape to scape, sort of removes a few elements but add loads of new ones too if that makes sense.

It was quite difficult to scape, i reckon having a corner tank helped. Doing different shaped tank is good.

The pic mint re-posted actually looks like a great frog/lizard vivarium.

We actually talked about that when i did the scape. We all thought the same!

and yes we all had a Maccy D's for dinner. :lol:

lets just say i didn't pay for it! :hyper:

Be interested to see how the coffeefolia does submerged - mine didn't grow at all until it went in the garage and was partially emmersed. It looks great though :good:

Be interested to see how the coffeefolia does submerged

Thanks Caz, It should do OK, i have found it does better with C02.

Be good to see this in reality.Bit too far to go though for a trip out.

They sell everything planted, so if you wanted a trip out i'd sort it (to be fair it's a bit far for some ferts)

Thanks Stu. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back