Ian's 80Cm (Hc Gone, Moss Added)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Looking good mate, might not be growing to quickly but still looking uber healthy... im sure the HC will pick up soon enough :good:

I'm not used to using T8 lighting, and i can really tell a difference. Things would be chugging along great guns in the corner tank by now. It's just really sloooooooooooow! lol

oh Ps Jake, apparently the Ranunculus is being sold by an Asian seller, so i bet thats where it was from.

I'm not used to using T8 lighting, and i can really tell a difference. Things would be chugging along great guns in the corner tank by now. It's just really sloooooooooooow! lol

oh Ps Jake, apparently the Ranunculus is being sold by an Asian seller, so i bet thats where it was from.

Haha... the difference in growth is different isn't it lol.

Sounds about right on the ranunculus, the main suppliers to the shop are asian based as far as im aware.

Could always throw in some excel lol that stuff sinks like lead, maybe then your HC might pick up, mine loves it, going like wild fire even under the shoddy light in the 35

I have been using Carbo since the start as i know how much HC likes carbo. Maybe i was just waiting for a lush carpet within 2 weeks like the previous one! :crazy:

Mine took about 2 weeks mate but to be honest it was twice the HC you have as I tried to sell another 6 pots but no one wanted them so I put them in.

When i did the corner and used HC, it took about 6 pots and was filling in within just over 2 weeks...
12th March
top.jpg

4th April
hcapril4th.jpg

The differences in this tank...

Using RO water, ADA ferts, Aquasoil, different shaped tank, T8 lighting.

How many pots did you use Steve in the 35?

yes it does have T5's, however the depth of the tank was nearly double this one, same wpg as well, not that that makes a difference. Also, HC doesn't need 'high light' to grow, so i really don't think it's a lighting issue...i may just being really impatient! lol I'll give it another few weeks. :good:

Perhaps ;) you're still early days really, but I know how you feel, it's so hard to just wait for them to grow of their own accord! Pesky plants, not noticably growing on a daily basis! :lol:

yes it does have T5's, however the depth of the tank was nearly double this one, same wpg as well, not that that makes a difference. Also, HC doesn't need 'high light' to grow, so i really don't think it's a lighting issue...i may just being really impatient! lol I'll give it another few weeks. :good:

Nail and head mate.... you are quite right HC doesn't need 'high light' but aslong as the co2, ferts, and flow are in abundance and everything else is there to balance it all... the higher the lights... as you know, will make it grow much faster.... i just think that the difference between the T8 and T5 outputs really do differ in par intensity even though you have a shallower tank.

I also think you have just been spoilt with T5 lighting and the speed at what your used to your plants growing at :p :p lol.

I also think you have just been spoilt with T5 lighting and the speed at what your used to your plants growing at

same, i also think you hit the nail on the head. It is spreading very slightly, i'll get a pic up later of the little spread it has done. I have lost quite a few of it's little stems as well.

and

Thanks Carl, it's good to see you around mate. :good:

Patience dude, it'll get there, I had to wait for mine twice after I moved and a carpet 45cm x 30cm of HC decided to flip over in transit, used about 3 pots worth I salvaged and started over. :(

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back