I would like to introduce myself!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sashimi

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Imma Bay Area gal, lived here all my life. A little backstory, my mom had a stroke 2 and a half years ago (she is 90 and has dementia) so one of the things I have been doing for mental health is I got back into my fish! I do the night shift with her...12 to 14 hr shifts, 7 days a week...so if you see wierd hours for my posts, thats why lol
I currently have a 10g, 20g, 30g, and 55 g tanks.
Each tank has 1 beta...my 55 g is dominately Mollies, dalmatian and panda mollies, a couple plecos, frogs, cats...and a loach (until today I had a blue Gourami) my 20g is mostly Platys, cats, and algae eaters...my 10g has a Pleco, a cats, and 2 tetras...my 30g has a Pleco, Neons, Danis, frog, cats, and algae eaters...
Thank you for welcoming me to the group!

Attachments

• 20220804_104624.jpg
    20220804_104624.jpg
    321.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 20220815_025440.jpg
    20220815_025440.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 20220815_025234.jpg
    20220815_025234.jpg
    313.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 20220815_025121.jpg
    20220815_025121.jpg
    515.6 KB · Views: 37
Hi everyone! Imma Bay Area gal, lived here all my life. A little backstory, my mom had a stroke 2 and a half years ago (she is 90 and has dementia) so one of the things I have been doing for mental health is I got back into my fish! I do the night shift with her...12 to 14 hr shifts, 7 days a week...so if you see wierd hours for my posts, thats why lol
Each tank has 1 beta...my 55 g is dominately Mollies, dalmatian and panda mollies, a couple plecos, frogs, cats...and a loach (until today I had a blue Gourami) my 20g is mostly Platys, cats, and algae eaters...my 10g has a Pleco, a cats, and 2 tetras...my 30g has a Pleco, Neons, Danis, frog, cats, and algae eaters...
Hi! And Welcome!
WOW!!! A 10, 20, 30 and 55 is a lot of fish tanks! That has to keep you busy! :lol:

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry about your mom... Hopefully she enjoys watching the fish as well.(?)

Hi! And Welcome!
WOW!!! A 10, 20, 30 and 55 is a lot of fish tanks! That has to keep you busy! :lol:
Yea it does😁 but that's cool it gives me something to do all night🤣
It all started in 1998 with a 100g and 2 Oscar's ...which was sold for a move of residence, then a few yrs later (like 12 yrs lol) I had a 75g, a 40g, and 2 20g's (1 of the 20g was in my youngest daughter's room ) funny tho, I've learned more about water, substrate, minerals, fish in general in the last 6 months!

Welcome to the forum!

Welcome to TFF.
Glad to see you entered FOTM contest. Hope you enter Tank of the Month. If you have a pet besides fish, consider entering Pet of the Month.
Hope you enjoy it here.

Welcome to the forum!
Sorry about your mom... Hopefully she enjoys watching the fish as well.(?)
She actually never comes Into my room lol (kind of long story, but when we decided i would move in, we had the wall between two rooms arched so they connected. Besides her dementia, the stroke affected her short term memory also (memory span of about 20 seconds) anyways, she forgets that she said it was okay, so she gets Hella mad about it so we never bring her in my room and she just accepts that it's my room.) When I first moved in, her dementia was more in the angry outburst stage...not as many of those lately which is nice.

Welcome to TFF.
Glad to see you entered FOTM contest. Hope you enter Tank of the Month. If you have a pet besides fish, consider entering Pet of the Month.
Hope you enjoy it here.
I might ....trying to figure out how to enter lol sorry maybe imma little slow hahah

She actually never comes Into my room lol (kind of long story, but when we decided i would move in, we had the wall between two rooms arched so they connected. Besides her dementia, the stroke affected her short term memory also (memory span of about 20 seconds) anyways, she forgets that she said it was okay, so she gets Hella mad about it so we never bring her in my room and she just accepts that it's my room.) When I first moved in, her dementia was more in the angry outburst stage...not as many of those lately which is nice.
Man... That sounds really rough. Sorry

What type of pleco do you have in your 10 gallon tank?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back