I went to the fish store and asked for 2 siamese algae eaters, the person there gave me 2 CHINESE algae eaters instead...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Obsessed with fish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I heard that Chinese algae eaters get aggresive when there older and can hurt other fish. The ones I accidentally got look to be around 2 inches so still baby's. Other occupants in the tank are 7 sterbai corydoras and 7 neon tetras, can I keep the Chinese algae eaters forever or even for a few years without any fatalitys?

I wouldn't chance it if you know they can be aggressive. Try going to the store and asking for a return. How long ago did you buy them?

I didn't take the receipt, biggest mistake of my life.
Yah they might not take them. Your only chance is to bring them back NOW. They may remember you and may still have the receipt.
Ok, will do. If they don't accept should I just give them away on Facebook market place for free?
No. Facebook doesn't allow live animal sales or anything. I wouldn't give them away for free. More chance of them getting into the wrong hands. The pet store STILL might take them though for store credit or just as a donation

Yah they might not take them. Your only chance is to bring them back NOW. They may remember you and may still have the receipt.

No. Facebook doesn't allow live animal sales or anything. I wouldn't give them away for free. More chance of them getting into the wrong hands. The pet store STILL might take them though for store credit or just as a donation
Ok, thanks for your advice, I'll take them back asap.

just go to the same salesperson that sold you the algae eaters...Hopefully they're working on that day. Do it tomorrow as they may well remember you. You learned an important lesson to always get a receipt when buying anything.

just go to the same salesperson that sold you the algae eaters...Hopefully they're working on that day. Do it tomorrow as they may well remember you. You learned an important lesson to always get a receipt when buying anything.
Will do, I have learnt many valuable lessons from fish keeping!

hillstream loaches / otos for algae....
specially the loaches will clean up anything even bba
as for food don't expect "algae eaters" to live on algae as they will just die off slowly

chrome_PEM7YYoK7u.jpg

so my feed goes as:
bloodworms > micropellets so neons can eat while endlers/puffers are distracted
and I throw 1 pellet for plecos from the yellow "shrimpwafers" bag (I actually only bought this to get a shipping discount on amazon at the 25$ mark) but plecos seem to love it
and 2 pellets of the catfish chips (left of bug bites)
whenever I want algae...I throw 2/3 pellets of the omega one stuff...nobody eats it but it turns into algae in around 2/3 days then the loaches/otos will take care of it
I do get bba and I'm pretty sure it has to do with leaving this specific food in the tank...so beware if you don't have fish that will clean it up (it's the one with the blue cap)
bug bites from fluval = trash...anyone in toronto wants it? I'll give it for free...It's pretty much full

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back