I used to keep koi as well

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

emeraldking

Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
I used to keep and breed koi as well. I've kept them starting mid 1980's up till 2005. I'm still a huge fan of these fish but I've decided to step out of the hobby. I has a couple of times that uninvited people broke in my backyard despite of the number of locks. And several koi were stolen and even killed. After I've reported it to the police, the police is only checking out the premises just for one week. After a number of times that this happened, I've decided with a bleeding heart to get rid of those koi. But I can still talk for hours about them.
koi-mix7-stan-jpg.33355

koi-mix2-stan-jpg.33356

koi-mix5-stan-jpg.33357

koistan4-jpg.33358

I've kept them in the backyard (two ponds), and I had a number of tubs in the backyard where I sold those koi from. In the shed I had tanks and tubs where I had all the fry of all ages. And in the livingroom I had a patio pond.
koistan90-jpg.33359

koistan111-jpg.33360

koistan68-jpg.33362
koistan7-jpg.33361

koistan157-jpg.33363

I had some in a fishtank. Of course, when they were still small. Koi won't stop growing in a fishtank. They grow up pretty fast and then those that were in the fishtank, were moved to one of the ponds in the backyard. Same goes for the ones that were kept in the patio pond.

I used to keep and breed koi as well. I've kept them starting mid 1980's up till 2005. I'm still a huge fan of these fish but I've decided to step out of the hobby. I has a couple of times that uninvited people broke in my backyard despite of the number of locks. And several koi were stolen and even killed. After I've reported it to the police, the police is only checking out the premises just for one week. After a number of times that this happened, I've decided with a bleeding heart to get rid of those koi. But I can still talk for hours about them.
koi-mix7-stan-jpg.33355

koi-mix2-stan-jpg.33356

koi-mix5-stan-jpg.33357

koistan4-jpg.33358

I've kept them in the backyard (two ponds), and I had a number of tubs in the backyard where I sold those koi from. In the shed I had tanks and tubs where I had all the fry of all ages. And in the livingroom I had a patio pond.
koistan90-jpg.33359

koistan111-jpg.33360

koistan68-jpg.33362
koistan7-jpg.33361

koistan157-jpg.33363

I had some in a fishtank. Of course, when they were still small. Koi won't stop growing in a fishtank. They grow up pretty fast and then those that were in the fishtank, were moved to one of the ponds in the backyard. Same goes for the ones that were kept in the patio pond.
My intrusive thoughts are killing me right now... Idk why but those pictures kinda make want to throw a line in with a lure just to see....

No but for real, those are some nice koi! Sorry you had to get rid of them though

My intrusive thoughts are killing me right now... Idk why but those pictures kinda make want to throw a line in with a lure just to see....

No but for real, those are some nice koi! Sorry you had to get rid of them though
Well, I can assure you that they would bite if you'd go fishing in that pond. They were so tame.
And thanks for the compliment.

Well, I can assure you that they would bite if you'd go fishing in that pond. They were so tame.
And thanks for the compliment.
Yah, most koi in a pond would... They'd be too gullible to resist.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back