I Think My Krib May Have Laid Eggs? They Are Free Swmming!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Thanks guys! I will get picks as soon as I can. Right now I am in the process of setting up a couple tanks for the fry which will be linked by a sump filter.

-FHM

Well, I returned to my dorm last night to find about 30 or so fry! Oh yeah!

Anyways, I am done with finals on Thursday, meaning I will be going back home. What is the best way to transfer the fry to?

Should I put the fry into a dedicated fry tank when I get back home and just set up the tank I have in my dorm back home and put the parents in there?

Or, should I put the parents and fry back together in one tank?

Also, I think I am going to transport the parents in one bag and the fry in another? What do you guys think of this?

Thanks!

-FHM

no idea how far your going.. but based on a few miles i wouldnt put them all in same bags.. then i would raise the fry in different tanks as the parents are bound to spawn again,and then take against the first lot
tho i have limited exp of kribs as mine lasid once.. a few weeks later ate them and i moved house and gave them away
be interesting to see what you go with
smile.gif

ps.. congratulations.. my flippin blood pressure hit the roof last time :lol:

:lol:!

Thanks, shelaghfishface!

I think I am going to put the fry in a separate when I get back. The trip is about 50 miles.

It's just going to be really hard for me to separate the fry from their parents, both physically and emotionally!

Thanks!

-FHM

i took me about 15 minutes to read this topic lol.

anyways congrats on the fry and you have a really beautiful tank (compared to mine lol).

and how did you get on with moving the fry?

FHM,

Random question but where did you get your rocks from? They look really cool!

Al

Here is an update:

Baby fish being moved form parent tank to fry tank (About 20 babies nearly 1/2 inch long):
101_8661.jpg

And then some shots of my room with my tanks.
55 gallon with Cichlids on the right.
10 gallon tank on the left (Krib parent tank)
10 gallon between the two tanks (fry tank awaiting new hood which should arrive early next week)
101_8662.jpg

101_8663.jpg

101_8664.jpg

101_8665.jpg

-FHM

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back