I think my cycle broke....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
sorry, i read nitrites as nitrates. was thinking the tank had processed the ammonia in 24 hours.

sorry, i read nitrites as nitrates. was thinking the tank had processed the ammonia in 24 hours.
Yah, no... Lol. Its ok, when the nitrites are 1ppm or less, I will adds 2ppm ammonia

@Slaphppy7, so I just tested nitrites and they are at 1ppm... Should I add ammonia or wait a day?
0112220948.jpg

My mind went blank, I have no idea when I added my ammonia (I always remember) but I'm pretty sure it was yesterday... I tested the tank, and these are the results: 0-0.25 amm and 2ppm nitrites
0114221230.jpg

ohh such pretty colours :)

you need to do a water change to drop the nitrite to about half that otherwise it can stall the cycling process.

ohh such pretty colours :)

you need to do a water change to drop the nitrite to about half that otherwise it can stall the cycling process.
2ppm doesnt stall the cycle... The nitrates will drop it to about 0.50-1ppm by tomorrow. I know over 5ppm is bad

I reckon your purple nitrite is more than 2ppm :)
I checked it with a more accurate test color chart... Its an electronic version @Slaphppy7 showed me. See, when I took that pic its under fake lighting and its darker... When I'm seriously comparing, I open the blinds and face it towardz the window to get a better result of real color.

Most of the older test kits we put the phial on a white card and viewed it from above.

Most of the older test kits we put the phial on a white card and viewed it from above.
Viewing from above provides a way darker color, there is a reason why API says to view it from the side on all the tests except for GH and KH

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back