I think my Betta is sick, but I don't know how to treat him.

Nima007

Reaction score
Hi! I'm new to this website. I think my Betta is sick. He has a large white growth on his head right between his eyes. I think it's Ich, that's what I was told when I showed it to my neighbor who loves fish and knows a lot about them. However, I've been treating his tank for about 2 weeks now and there is no change. I am very worried about it because I think it's affecting his swimming. Any suggestions? What it might be? How I could treat this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Please see photos attatched. I tried my best to get some photos as he was swimming around. He's a beautiful fish and loves being active and attentive, so I would love to get him back to his healthy self! Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_8898.JPG
    IMG_8898.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
It is not ick. Ick is a peppering of white spots over the body the size of grains of salt.

Is the growth white and furry? If so it is a fungus and fungus meds would help.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

It is not ick. Ick is a peppering of white spots over the body the size of grains of salt.

Is the growth white and furry? If so it is a fungus and fungus meds would help.

Thank you for your reply! Good to know it's not Ich and I should try something else.

It is definitely a large white growth. I don't know if it would be furry, however it has lots of grooves. The most accurate description I could think of would be it looks like a snowball.

Would you still suggest I try a fungal medicine? If so, do you have any suggestions on brands/types of meds to try?

No, fungus is definitely more fuzzy.

I'd be more concerned that what you describe is either an infection or tumor. I'm not experienced with those.

I just wanted to suggest you repost this topic in the tropical emergencies section so you get more responses.

Most reactions

trending

Back