I think my Betta has fin rot. Can you please help me identify?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

francisabch12

Reaction score
IMG20200410070044.jpg

IMG20200410070039.jpg

I think my Betta is having fin rot problems but I am not sure if it's fin rot. Can anyone please help me recognise the fin rot. So I can start the treatment. If you guys have any treatment ideas please suggest.

P.S. : I can't get any medicines due to Covid 19 lockdown. I have "Rid-All Anti Ich" and "Aquarium Salt" currently with me.

Hi, what size tank Is he in?
How often do you do water changes and how much water do you change out each time?

Did you test for ammonia, nitrites and nitrates? If so, what were the levels?

I cannot see any y fin rot but it is possible.

Do a 75% water change every day for two weeks. Be sure to dechlorinate the water before adding it to the tank:)

IMG20200403065623.jpg

This is a picture from lastweek.

I have 2.5 gallon tank.
2.5 W led lights
One Driftwood
Few Cabomba Caroliniana planted
Filter
Low Flow water
ADA substrate
I use one drop of plant fertilizer every day.
I change 20% water after each 3rd day
Nitrite and ammonia levels are 0
I use ground water so there is no need of dechorination that's what I think. Correct me if I am wrong.

I don't have any other fish in my Betta Tank. 2.5 gallon will be too crowded if I add other fish.

It could be. Maybe add some live plants and make his tank as interesting as possible. When they are bored they bite their tales

Self bitting! I see I guess this may be the case I haven't observed such behaviour yet. But I think I'll add more plants.

I suggest guppy grass it’s hardy grows quickly and my bettas love it you could also do a floating plant with long roots like amazon frogbit or water lettuce
I want to plant as many plants as I can but due to Covid19 lockdown I don't have access to such resources.

Can you suggest any treatment so that the find may heal faster. I have aquarium salt and rid all anti ich.

I want to plant as many plants as I can but due to Covid19 lockdown I don't have access to such resources.

Can you suggest any treatment so that the find may heal faster. I have aquarium salt and rid all anti ich.
Aquarium salt for 2 weeks and daily water changes will help it heal. As it is not fungus there is no medication for it. Simply a very bored betta :)

Clean water and time. You can also use a bit of hydrogen peroxide to help it heal. However I don’t trust myself to give you the right instructions and I don’t want to be blamed if your betta dies you’d be better off asking someone like @Byron

Try ebay for plants, it may take a little longer to ship but should still arrive. Just be sure the seller has good reviews:)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back