I think it's time for plan B for my Betta

Plan B has arrived...got the tank a little over an hour ago Wiped it down thoroughly and then took 2 gallons from my 10 gallon tank and added 3 more gallons of dechlorinated water to the tank. Rinsed out 5 lbs of gravel, added it to the tank. I took out some media from my 35 gallon tank and also squeezed out the floss into it and started up the filter. Slightly cloudy but I'm sure will clear up in a couple of hours. I may put a little of the gravel from the 35 gallon as it is the same color and that will help boost beneficial bacteria.

And the main thing is....no leaks. And it adds a nice touch to my den. Will add Marley either late tonight or most likely tomorrow. I won't be adding plants until Marley gets used to be out in the open. Then will add some anubias and maybe some floating water wisteria. Oh and I will have to add my wineglass with the anubias on top for his resting spot. Might buy hornwort to foat as well.

Now I need to rest my SORE BACK...I have back troubles and too much exertion is not good for it. Well at least I can rest while I look at my new addition and watch tv.

I have a serious case of MTS...I now have 4 tanks but "I know I can stop...I know I can stop."

Last edited:
I have a serious case of MTS...I now have 4 tanks but "I know I can stop...I know I can stop."

Having MTS syndrome reminds me of this commercial about someone else who couldn't stop.

Well I transferred Marley into his new digs. He explored every inch of his new tank and after about an hour got on top of the wine gass and rested comfortably. I will post a video tomorrow but here’s a couple of pics of him in his top perch.
betta1.jpeg
betta2.jpeg

look closely and you will see him chillin'

He looks good! ;)

I would love to see a picture of the full tank! :)

He seems to like his new digs with its privacy so much better than being in a community tank.

yes...it's' like night and day. In the 10 gallon community tank, he would hide 95% of the time in an anubias plant at the bottom. Now, In his own 5 gallon tank, he is out in the open 95% of the time even though I put in an anubias plant if he wanted to hide. The tank is definitely a nice addition to my Den.

I removed the air pump and air stone as it was too noisy. The tank makes very little noise now ... just a tiny bit of whirring sound from the internal filter.

Last edited:
Does anyone unplug the filter when feeding your betta to keep food from get caught in the flow from the filter?

how far below the filter lip do you have your water level?

That’s what I do in my 10 gallon tank. I just feed him in the other corner. :)

Does anyone unplug the filter when feeding your betta to keep food from get caught in the flow from the filter?
I used to turn the marine tank filters off before feeding anemones, corals and other inverts.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back