I think it's time for plan B for my Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°
Thansk Deanasue
PheonixKing ..can you post a pic of the led lights in your 5 gallon AC tank?...some reviews say it's only in the middle and not very bright..the sides of the tank don't light up enough.

Thansk Deanasue
PheonixKing ..can you post a pic of the led lights in your 5 gallon AC tank?...some reviews say it's only in the middle and not very bright..the sides of the tank don't light up enough.
I hanenā€™t seen much from a PheonixKingZ this weekend. I think he must be out of town. Hereā€™s my 5G lid out of the water. Hope it helps some. The lights are just in the middle.
Thansk Deanasue
I havenā€™t seen much from PheonixKingZ this weekend. He may be out of town. This my 5G hood. First pic is the underside and second is me holding it over my 10G. The lights are just in the middle but the tank is small and doesnā€™t need anymore, IMO.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 86
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 68
I hanenā€™t seen much from a PheonixKingZ this weekend. I think he must be out of town. Hereā€™s my 5G lid out of the water. Hope it helps some. The lights are just in the middle.

I havenā€™t seen much from PheonixKingZ this weekend. He may be out of town. This my 5G hood. First pic is the underside and second is me holding it over my 10G. The lights are just in the middle but the tank is small and doesnā€™t need anymore, IMO.

I donā€™t keep a lot of plants in these tanks though. Mostly anacharis floating and Anubias.

thanks..that answers my question...

another question...does your Betta hide a lot or is it out in the open most of the time?

if I remember, pheonix doesn't have the original hood or a the built in led light

I have 2. One stays in his floating log most of the time. The other one is always out exploring. It just depends on their individual personalities, IMO. Oh, by the way, if you look at Pheonix Kings tank of the month entry last time that was his 5G tank.

so maybe the fact mine hides a lot is just his personality. He does come out sometimes and when he does the other fish don't see to faze him. He doesn't flare at them and is just looking to get fed. Not sure but I may still get him his own tank.. If I do, I think at least at first, I wont have any plants so that he gets used to being out in the open. It would be nice to have a small tank in my den where I watch tv a lot. But if he hides in his new tank, the tank will look empty.

You don't have both bettas in the same tank do you?

No, I donā€™t. I did have them in a divided 10G but felt they were too packed in because it was so square. They were also biting at their tails which can be from stress. After I put them both in 10Gā€™s the one started swimming more. My older one is the one that stays in his log a lot. If I open the lid and call him, he does swim out to me because he knows Iā€™m the food source. He was in a divided tank for over a year with another betta that I lost. He may just be more accustomed to the smaller space than the younger is. My young one was only in the divided tank a couple of months. Tai has always been shy though. I will say that Tai likes to sit on his mermaid which is stuck to the glass though. Hereā€™s a pic of that item. He sits in the ring sometimes and watches whatā€™s going on.

Attachments

• 486DD0D5-4AD5-4848-9BC4-3FF33CE7458B.png
    486DD0D5-4AD5-4848-9BC4-3FF33CE7458B.png
    159 KB · Views: 62
Well..... Plan B is in motion. I ordered the tank just now and will have it Tuesday. It will be nice to have a tank in the den tv room. I haven't told Marley yet,...I'll surprise him on Tuesday :) I definitely have MTS with this being my fourth tank. Just hope the tank is tight with no leaks. I have carpeting in that room and a water leak would not be good.

Now I need to cut some wood to put under the tank. Will look nice on my vintage stereo console.

Last edited:
Well..... Plan B is in motion. I ordered the tank just now and will have it Tuesday. It will be nice to have a tank in the den tv room. I haven't told Marley yet,...I'll surprise him on Tuesday :) I definitely have MTS with this being my fourth tank. Just hope the tank is tight with no leaks. I have carpeting in that room and a water leak would not be good.

Now I need to cut some wood to put under the tank. Will look nice on my vintage stereo console.
I donā€™t think youā€™ll be disappointed, especially for the money. Not only have I bought 6 for myself but I also had one sent to PheonixKingz. I think theyā€™re a great deal. Iā€™ve had no leaks at all. Hope youā€™re happy with it!

yeh..cant complain for the price....and it was tax free day in my state today. I have a small heater that I can use for the tank and if needed I have an adjustable air pump.

I already cut a perfectly sized piece of wood for under it. As long as the tank sits perfectly on it. I don't think I need styrofoam under it as wood is perfectly level.

It will be nice having a colorful tank in my den.

So my camera is broken, no more pictures for a while....:(

My 5g lid looks exactly like @Deanasue 's lid, except it has one LED, in the center of the lid. You can see how bright it is in the last TOTM contest picture. As I said, my camera is broken, and I do apologize... :(

As long as you have some panty hose over the intake of the filter, it makes a really good betta tank! :)

(Speaking of bettas, I love how many entries we have for the FOTM contest!! :fish:

Pheonix...does your Betta hide a lot or is he usually out in the open?

So my camera is broken, no more pictures for a while....:(

My 5g lid looks exactly like @Deanasue 's lid, except it has one LED, in the center of the lid. You can see how bright it is in the last TOTM contest picture. As I said, my camera is broken, and I do apologize... :(

As long as you have some panty hose over the intake of the filter, it makes a really good betta tank! :)

(Speaking of bettas, I love how many entries we have for the FOTM contest!! :fish:
Well, hello stranger. I was worried that you ran away from us.

Pheonix...does your Betta hide a lot or is he usually out in the open?
My betta is in a 10 gallon tank, along with some snails. He spends most of his time out in the open, but will hide in the plants if he is scared by a noise. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back