I Think He Has A Tumor

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

barb-e

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
For about a month (i know i waited a long time) Mr. Silver has had this bump on his side. I posted a question and most people said it was probably dropsy. However in the last week or so, it has just been getting bigger and bigger. I figured that if it were dropsy he would be dead by now but he is still alive and swimming. He is acting a little bit strange, going vertical for a little while but he still has an appetite and is making little bubble nest. I couldn't get a good picture but here are the ones i did get and a little video where you can see it better :

Mr. Silver Video

HPIM1269.JPG

HPIM1270.JPG

also I talked to a friend about it and she said maybe it was eggs but i have had mr.silver for over a year and im pretty sure he is a male. So opinions, comments, suggestions? Please?

Dose not look to good.

He's not in pain as he's acting fine, but it looks like a cyst under the scales of him, it's defo not eggs ;)

As to a course of action I would leve him be and let him have a happy ending, but if he gets any worse then some melifix would help boost him.

I would go ahead and treat him with a very strong round of anti internal bacterial meds, very clean water and see what that does.

if that fails then it is very possible a tummor. I would then keep him happy as possible, and when he is no longer happy or comfortable I would quickly end his suffering.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back