I Swear I Didn't Mean To Buy Him! He Fell In My Tank!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

attibones

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
I went to the LFS a few hours ago for puppy food and I
0A32EBAE-C00F-47F4-971C-D2387FD0D146-2854-000003017199CB63_zps8200a0d3.jpg

Just couldn't
83AC6976-1A11-4B5A-A195-1C73813D8B40-2854-000003017CFE8462_zpseab8f4a4.jpg

Help myself.
BF20D6C2-1C49-4FE2-96F1-A409981F0E9D-101-000000008866FE1F_zps3c2d1569.jpg

I named him Poseidon. Also, I know he is dragon scale, but he looks like halfmoon plakat to me, what do you all think?

Very nice! Sometimes we just can't resist those impulse buys and more often than not we never regret doing it.

rofl.gif
He is stunning! Can't wait to see more pics of him when he's in his new home! C:

Very nice fish, looks like he has got a bit of mustard gas going on in there too 
smile.png
 I often have bettas that mysteriously appear in my tank after a trip to the LFS too, strange isn't it? try to get him to flare for you, if he has a 180 degree tail spread he is a halfmoon 
smile.png

Nice fish!  I always have to hold myself back when I go to the pet store, but funny I always HAVE to just peek at the Bettas!
fish.gif

He's a stunner! Can't be sure of whether he's HMPK or PK until you can get a flaring picture :) If you can get one where I can count the rays in his tail I can tell you :lol:

Pretty boy!  Definitely not one that I would be upset to suddenly "find followed me home".  LOL

Thanks, everyone! He's really pretty chill right now, but last night he found the weak spot in the divider (I'm getting a new five gallon for him soon), and hung out with Phoenix for a while. They didn't seem to really notice each other, but I'm not taking any chances. I've seen Phoenix flare and (try to) chase different fish, so I know he at least has enough aggression in him to do the same to Poseidon, if either one of them would realize they are sharing a tank. I'll have to get a second filter, I think, for Phoenix's half.

I'll definitely grab more pictures, but he has not get flared. We shall see. I'm looking very closely at the caudal fin, and it does not seem to be 180 degrees, so I'm thinking he's just a standard plakat, but maybe he shall be more comfortable and tell me for sure later on.

The 180 degree tail spread will only be apparent when he is in full flare so he may just be hiding it for now 
smile.png
 when he has settled down for you show him a mirror and when he has a flare check out his tail.

Nice fish!  :) lol I go to the store for fish food and come home with fish all the time! :) 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back