I Rescued My 4th Shelter Dog 2 Days Ago For My Birthday

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

peachlids

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
23352_10200293617728432_1758535650_n.jpg

meet my (mostly) baby boxer Mable, 7 weeks old, under developed joints and bones, 7.25 lbs, female. my other 3 dogs welcomed her with nose pushes, licks, kisses and snuggles, this has been a great week. she completes the family and is SUPER sweet.

She is adorable! Shelter pets are the BEST! Boxers are one of my favorites, along with pit bulls and huskys. Good luck with her! Puppies are always a handful! :)

thats crazy because we have 3 other shelter dogs from the same shelter, my first was a husky mix whos all white with 2 blue eyes, then we have an all white pit, and a pit xminilab thats black.

so far potty training as been good and her walking has improved SO much with a heavy feeding schedule and multivitamin my vet gave me a bottle of.

Oh man! That's like my dog heaven right there!
I wish all the best for your new little one :) Glad she is walking better!

What an adorable puppy! She is so sweet looking and you gave her a great name!

I have two dogs. Rewey is my Blue Heeler, Kawliga (our shelter dog) is half Husky half Catahoula Leopard Dog. He has one green eye and the other is half blue half green. I love both my dogs dearly, but I will probably stick with rescues from now on. Rewey is a purebred and she was quite the medical nightmare as a puppy! 

8495933426_3bf4f63a4b_n.jpg

8494832455_3c583fbc9f_z.jpg

ahhhhhhh I LOVE BLUE HEELERS.

we actually had a slight INCIDENT. in the middle of february.

our pitbull mix(shes not a true "pit" due to being more than 85% white.) attacked our black lmini lab while iw as carrying her inside to prevent her from jumping the fence. 

long story later, Lotus our pit had to stay 10days in the local SPCA shelter(they reduced our fine because she was such a great dog for them, they said) and Opal the minilab ended up with a 800$ vet bill, i was set to the ER a city away, and ive been going to a surgeon every week since, because she, in the midst of everything, ended up biting the end of my pinky off, fingernail and all to the bone.

its still healing, there wasnt any tissue left to stitch but ive been SUPER ocd about cleaning it and bandaging it even though is horribly painful, and miraculously it is closing up in a somewhat normalish not really noral at all way, im just thankful i have whats left of the finger.

soooooooooooooooo shew. ugh. it really has been a nightmare around here.

lotus is muzzled 24/7 with an EASY holt system, she can still play, bark, pant, drink, and eat with it on, she just cant get her mouth open enough to get a hold of any of the dogs.

so far so good, she seems a lot more at easy with it on surprisingly, 

pitbulls are a very large undertaking to train, thankfully ive been around dogs for 8+ years professionally and i have a big heart, because i had people teling me to put her down every day after the accident.

:[ ready to move west so i can get away from all these ignorant people.

OMG, your poor finger! You seem to be accepting it remarkably well, and I must agree that you have a big heart. Most people would have put the dog down. 

I think pits are great dogs with the right upbringing and enough love. I have a dear friend who has a pit that she says has made it her life's mission to change people's opinions about pits! She has an enormous tongue and smothers you with kisses at every opportunity. I wouldn't risk a pit in my house only because I have cats, not to mention two other rescue dogs. 

Good luck to you! The pup is my adorable fix for today!

Thanks, and nice tank in your sig btw! i likeeee.

and the reason i am willing to give her the extra chance is because she didn't attack ME, and if she meant to kill my other dog she WOULDN'T have gone for her leg, a dog that means to kill knows to go for the jugular as common as that seems.

i just can't fathom giving her away or putting her down without exhausting every option as her rescuer and owner from a shelter.  If you havent, and you have time to watch a well organized documentary, you should check out "Beyond the Myth" the truth about pitbulls.

they arent even a legitimate breed, they are a combination of 3 "bully" breeds, so basically the government was going around, catagorizing any dog that met 51% of the "pitbull" standard, and would euthanize them that day after taking them from the home with NO warning to the owners. I'm talking,  THOUSANDS of innocent dogs.

its heartbreaking, and bad conduct as an owner is the reason for bad behavior, luckily our pit can be managed because she is still under 1 year old and isnt HUMAN aggressive, only same sex dogs. which is a normal trait for ANY female of any breed of dog.

Well, at one time German Shepherd dogs, then Dobermans, then Rottweilers were the dangerous breeds, and now it's pits. Unfortunately it's going to continue with pits until the dog fighting industry is shut down, and that won't happen for a long time. Any dog can be vicious under the right (well, wrong) circumstances. So can any cat, horse, cow, etc. 

I applaud your unwavering dedication to your dogs!

thanks, its nice to see support rather than encourage giving up on her poor soul! shes a beautiful dog, ill find a pic.
382259_10200704111910530_2087790531_n.jpg

That is my beautiful lotus girl, just beautiful.

She is absolutely beautiful. 

Here are my two current rescues. Toby on the left, the last of a large litter about to be destroyed because he was "too mellow" to be a cattle dog, and Maggie on the right we found on the side of a busy highway, just watching the cars go by. She was 5 months old at the time, a "throwaway" dog. She just turned 10 years old. They sure have a hard life with us now. 
rofl.gif

And just an aside ... if you look at her back leg you can see a large wound. At one time she had these on all four legs, and we found out it was from feeding her Beneful. We switched to a grain-free all natural food, and now she just has a small owie on her front leg. 

4edf3668-55c8-4bb4-9d5e-95287fc70381_zps017f4179.jpg

so gorgeous!! i love that type of dog, really both of them! goodness i love my dogs. haha

Toby is the Australian Shepherd (supposed to be a miniature, but at 35 pounds I don't think so!) and there's a great photo of him for this month's Pet of the Month competition. He's such a goofball!

peachlids said:
thanks, its nice to see support rather than encourage giving up on her poor soul! shes a beautiful dog, ill find a pic.
382259_10200704111910530_2087790531_n.jpg

You said she was a mix? Looks like a Dogo Argentino! So Beautiful! :)
That is my beautiful lotus girl, just beautiful.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back