I QUIT!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I quit for a year and a half once already. I'm determined to be done with it this time. The hardest part were those first few days getting it out of my system. After a couple weeks of being tobacco free, I remember the smell disgusted me and I could smell it a mile away. I've reached the point where I feel I have the strength to do it.

Anyone else kick the habit or are wanting to?

Also on the spot quitters like to play with something to twiddle with so might want to buy some of those fidget things kids play with...

I've actually been weight lifting and playing guitar today to keep occupied. I'm still healing from some dental work, so no gum yet.

My mother was born in the 1920s and by the 1940s was smoking - everyone did in those days. After 50 years of smoking 10 a day, she decided one day that it was costing far too much money so she stopped dead and never touched another cigarette. If she could do that at 70, you can do it :good:

I quit for a year and a half once already. I'm determined to be done with it this time. The hardest part were those first few days getting it out of my system. After a couple weeks of being tobacco free, I remember the smell disgusted me and I could smell it a mile away. I've reached the point where I feel I have the strength to do it.

I quit when I was in my early 20s and never looked back but I did chew a lot of gum for years. I am happy I did because I felt so much better and could really taste food. The smell of smoke was disgusting too but I was not a heavy smoker, took up smoking to be cool in high school so quitting was not that hard on me.

Last edited:

I used to teach stop smoking lessons from the AHA to people.
Some of the things that i saw help others is getting rid of things that remind you of or give you the urge to smoke. Get rid of all cigarettes, lighters, ash trays, things like that. Dont hang around other smokers or places where you know people will smoke and reach out for help or talk to someone when you get an urge. Good luck! Youve already been through the hardest step which is the first wanting to quit.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back