I Never Thought It'd Be This Difficult..

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
.. to take down a tank! I took down my 55G today, and it was a nightmare! It took forever too. And was messy. And smelly.

It's especially weird since I have this huge empty space in my room. I use to be VERY limited to were I could put things... but now I'm not. Haha.

I only have a 12G nano SW. I use to have 14 tanks (8 of which where 5G's or smaller for betas).. it's weird to not have that waterfall effect going 24/7. The nano doesn't make that much noise! I wonder if it'll bother me tonight.. not having the noise.

I should probably shower. After practically going for a swim, and scrubbing down the bathroom floors, I feel really dirty.

Just out of curiousity, what are you guys' routeen for closing up a tank?

disassemble all filters heaters etc
have buckets ready...
drain all water out into buckets (assuming fish are all taken care of already)
take all ornaments out into buckets/on to a towel
scoop out as much gravel as possible into a container for it
take tank outside/garage, hose er down and grab remaining gravel
store tank

^^^^^^^^ pretty much the same, yes it is messy if your anything like me, which i see you are.but im the sort of person that cooks dinner and has to use every untensil in the kitchen!!
how did it compare timewise to setting it up??
and why are you or did you take it down anyway,was it the room factor?

hope you feel nice and clean now :lol:

shelagh xxx

strange isn't it when a big tank's gone from your room and you feel like there's so much space. we had that...... now we've just bought a vivarium so that's something else to take up the space :lol:

I think it's amazing how hard it is to take down a tank... but how easy it is to set one up! :lol:

I think it's amazing how hard it is to take down a tank... but how easy it is to set one up! :lol:

I agree, I've been selling off my tanks since I'm moving out of state, and taking them down is a pain. :crazy: Two weeks ago I tore down a 75gal for pick up, and this weekend I get the joy of tearing down a 29. Then next weekend goes my 10. It is SO weird not having the big tank, though packing boxes are quickly taking up all available space. :lol:

i think its so much hard work, as its a chore, the excitement is not there when taking one down.....or is that just me :blush:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back