🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Fishlover1122

Reaction score
I need help identifying my gourami one of them bites the tip of the other

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.3 KB · Views: 52
Those are just different colours of the same species, one of the more aggressive gouramis. it is hard to tell from the photos, but 2 males will not get on and one will bully the other. A male can bully a female is he wants to breed and she doesn't. Even females can be nasty - we had one member who had a female 3 spot which killed every other fish in the tank.

I've had 3 honey gouramis before, and they were pretty vicious amongst themselves even though I had 2 females and one male.
At first had 2 males and 1 female, that was nasty as the males pretty much bullied the female 24/7 and I then rehomed the more aggressive male but soon after adding another female, the girls started on each other and so on and so forth :rolleyes:

In the end, had enough, took them back to the LFS and unlikely I'll get more gouramis, lovely looking fish and colourful, but mean.

That's in my experience anyway, perhaps others have had a more positive outcome.

I had honey gouramis for years; the only time they caused problems was when I has 2 females as they fought each other. A male/female pair caused no trouble at all.

But honeys are at the less aggressive end of the gourami spectrum and the OP's gouramis are at the more aggressive end so trouble is more likely.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back