I need to know if buying fish is ok now

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

SilverDollar_03

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, I think my tank has finally finished cycling. I had Ammonia 0.5, Nitrite 5.0, and Nitrate 50 3 days ago, and now i have these levels - Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0.5, Nitrate 7. Isnt this awesome??!! I have had 4 silver dollars in the tank (55 Gallons) for about 3 weeks now. Is it okay too add one of these species now: 1 Red tailed black shark, 3 red swordtails, 5 corydoras. Which species would be best to add tomorrow? Thanks!

i would wait until your nitrite level is zero and the levels are staying constant at zero for more then a few days but you are getting close.

definately not corys as they cant tand even a little nitrite. unless u would consider getting more hardy fish (mollies, danios etc) then i would wait a little longer. -_-

please please dont add anything else till nitrite is zero, i just lost lots of beautiful fish cos of impatience

good luck when you do add them

finished cycling means that ammonia and nitrites are 0ppm and nitrates are >0ppm.

since you are not finished cycling, the best thing to do is wait until your water parameters reach the above mentioned levels and stay at those levels for at least a week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back