I Need Ideas/topics For My Science Fair Project!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

heygetsmart

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
:nod: Hi! I am competing in the state science fair for the second time and need some ideas or help brainstorming some ideas of to what my topic should be!
Last year I did my project over the spawning productivity/energy levels of genetically engineered brachydanio rerio VS. wild type brachydanio rerio.

I won first in my catergory in oklahoma! but I wasn't good enough to make it to internationals!

I would enjoy doing something in the realm of biology, botany, zoology, or microbiology.

Any ideas would be helpful [:

Thanks!

baking soda + vinigar volcano :good:

:lol: :lol: just kidding

ummm something to do with fully aquatic plants vs immersed plants (a lot of our aquatic plants do just as well above water). or if you are into breeding colour genetics with livebearers, or is that too simple, might take a while too. i never was much good with science!

ummm something to do with fully aquatic plants vs immersed plants (a lot of our aquatic plants do just as well above water). or if you are into breeding colour genetics with livebearers, or is that too simple, might take a while too. i never was much good with science!
Well both sound great.. but both of those topics are not high level projects... I'd surely lose if I did those.

I brainstormed and I may be doing a porject involving deet causing genetic mutations in human fetuses.

Seems to me that you could get pretty deep into the science behind the fishless cycle method. There appears to be a wide range of opinions on optimal levels of pH for growing the different bacteria colonies, temperature range, lighting, ammonia dosing levels, plus what factor, if any, regular water changes play in the process. Lots of variables to play with and test. But based on the other items you listed, it's probably not deep enough.

Quantifying the effect of increased numbers and its relationship with a schooling fish being happy ;)

Quantifying the effect of increased numbers and its relationship with a schooling fish being happy ;)
I don't believe there's a real way of properly recording how "happy" schooling fish would/ or would not be if they were allowed to school.

Behavior studies are always a pain in the a*s :p

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back