I Need Help, Is My Fish Pregnant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

platyman123

Reaction score
004.jpg

009.jpg

002.jpg

Please help, is this fish pregnant, if so why isn't it so fat, i've had it for 5 months now and the spot( gravid spot) has been visable for 2 weeks. Please help!!!!!!

I see no gravid spot.... and I may be mistaken, but I see a gonopodium which will make this a male platy..... nope!! ... Personally.... I do not think he is pregnant...

I see no gravid spot.... and I may be mistaken, but I see a gonopodium which will make this a male platy..... nope!! ... Personally.... I do not think he is pregnant...
that gonipodon is poop:)

Only now that you mention it.... I notice the poop as well... above that poopstring... I see a gonopodium... It is not the rounded anal fin of a female Platy/livebearer.... I maintain that this fish is a male unless I can get a better photo of the anal fin.... But!... gravid spot??... I do not see it.

In this case, I might think that it doesn't actually have a gonopodium, but instead folded its fins (my swordtail female can look like this when she folds the fin too). I will take a picture some day to show what I mean.
In first pic the platy is also holding the top fin lowered so all fins are usually folded when they do that.

There's also a spot inside it and a round shape of the belly which also points towards female.
In second pic, the anal fin seems fanned out a bit too.

In this case, I might think that it doesn't actually have a gonopodium, but instead folded its fins (my swordtail female can look like this when she folds the fin too). I will take a picture some day to show what I mean.
In first pic the platy is also holding the top fin lowered so all fins are usually folded when they do that.

There's also a spot inside it and a round shape of the belly which also points towards female.
yes, your right, it was folding its fins, I can see a white ring, right below its anal area, telling me that it will probably drop soon: she has been pooping white slimmy poop, which is also a sighn she will drop soon:) Tell me if i'm right

yes, your right, it was folding its fins, I can see a white ring, right below its anal area, telling me that it will probably drop soon: she has been pooping white slimmy poop, which is also a sighn she will drop soon:) Tell me if i'm right
White poop can also be a sign of Hexamita parasite though.
Doesn't look close to dropping, probably would have 3 more weeks to go, not even squared off but has a bit of a belly.
Can you get a pic of it with fanned out fins? (side view)

White poop can also be a sign of Hexamita parasite though.
Doesn't look close to dropping, probably would have 3 more weeks to go, not even squared off but has a bit of a belly.
Can you get a pic of it with fanned out fins? (side view)
She died:(
I got up and she started swimming around fast, and then just stopped and died:( rip

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back