I need held identifying these 2 fish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

DICEMAN

Reaction score
I need help identifying these 2 cichlids.

Attachments

• unknown cichlid 2.jpg
    unknown cichlid 2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 129
  • Unknown cichlid.jpg
    Unknown cichlid.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 129
@Wills may know.

The name of the first one is on the top of my tongue - I just can’t think of it! :crazy:

I’m pretty sure the second one is a Green Terror.... I may be wrong though.

Last edited:
First one could be an Albino Severum.
But the face looks more like a young Albino Flowerhorn.
Severum will have shorter body.

Second one definitely is Nicaraguan Cichlid.
I wanted to keep this fish in the past as it will become very beautiful when it reached full maturity. But I run out of space and I had to give it away.

Sorry bud but wrong on both counts.

First one looks worryingly like an albino Dovii but not 100% definitely not a Severum it looks mega predatory. It could be some other kind of albino Parachromis but not sure.

Second one is a Veija I think it is Veija Hartwegii but Veija colours are quite tempermental so there are a few other species it could be. It could be Vieja Fenestrata or Vieja Bifasciata. Biffas are the most common so could be a chance its that.

Are these your fish? Any of the species I have mentioned are huge, aggressive fish and you will ned a tank in the hundreds of gallons - like 200-300 gallons to house the properly. If the first is a Dovii, they are one of the largest Cichlids and known as the Wolf Cichlid and can grow upto nearly 30 inches! So here we start to move up to pond territory rather than tanks...

Wills

The first one is gargantua the destroyer of all and the second is Godzillas mortal enemy raised from the spawns of hades, cant say Hell, its a bad word;)
Id suggest housing another fish in a tank with gamma radiation and turn that fish into a " hulk" fish in hopes the hulk fish can protect you and your family from these two galactic war lords, plus the gamma rays will make the tank sparkly clean without the harsh chemical consequences of bleach !%&*€@!! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back