I Love Mystery Snails!!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Whoa!!! She is Huge!!! My Golden Mystery Snail is not that big, but she is not far behind!
If she gets as big, better chance she is an apple.

Post a photo of her close up, all angles of the shell. Sometimes you can tell from the shell shape

I'm starting to think that my golden mystery snail may be an apple snail. she is HUGE and I have noticed some plant leaves are being eaten.
Hopefully she's only eating the dead or dying leaves. This is only an idea, something I would try but don't know whether it would work, but how about adding a couple of bait plants? Something you don't mind if they eat, like some elodea or hornwort or something? If it's something that appeals to them and grows back fairly quickly, maybe they'll focus on that and give your other plants a chance?

Hopefully she's only eating the dead or dying leaves. This is only an idea, something I would try but don't know whether it would work, but how about adding a couple of bait plants? Something you don't mind if they eat, like some elodea or hornwort or something? If it's something that appeals to them and grows back fairly quickly, maybe they'll focus on that and give your other plants a chance?
I tried adding Hornwort and duckweed but she wouldn't touch the Hornwort although she ate almost all the duckweed. The leaves I see being eaten are my Anubias, Rosette sword, and Hygrophila corymbosa.

I really need to get myself a mystery snail, they are so pretty and bright!

Do they produce a lot of waste?
Yes, unfortunately...Their poop is pretty big!!! LOL:p But is easy to see on my sand bottom and siphon out. I do weekly water changes, and make sure to clean the tank well. They are so worth it!!! They are pretty and fascinating to watch!

I will do that at some point when she is close to the front of the tank.
Here are some more pictures of my Mystery Snail.... I'm hoping it is not an Apple Snail...
If she gets as big, better chance she is an apple.

Post a photo of her close up, all angles of the shell. Sometimes you can tell from the shell shape
Here are some close ups of my Golden Mystery Snail (hopefully not an Apple Snail?). She is pretty big...I would say her shell is probably close to 1 1/2" in diameter? What are your thoughts? Mystery? Or Apple? She has not touched a single plant.

Attachments

• IMG_20200807_220622187.jpg
    IMG_20200807_220622187.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20200807_220633896.jpg
    IMG_20200807_220633896.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 55
She doesn't seem as "round " in the shell, im thinking just a very beautiful mystery

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back