I Lost My Beautiful Edgar Today

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I'm so sorry for your loss. Edgar was beautiful. At least he's swimming in fishy heaven now.

Sorry to hear of your loss, he looked like a nice fish.

May I ask, why did you add aquarium salt? Also do you do water checks, did it suggest anything might be wrong?

May I ask, why did you add aquarium salt? Also do you do water checks, did it suggest anything might be wrong?

@Deanasue is one of the more experienced members on this form, and really knows how to take care of a betta fish. If there would have been anything wrong with the water or with the fish, Deanasue would know.

@snailaquarium, Aquarium salt reduces stress and improves gill function. Water parameters were stable and tank cleaned 2 days prior with 75% water change.

Did he seem to get really bad shortly after the water change? Was the makeup water at close to the same temperature as the tank water?

Did he seem to get really bad shortly after the water change? Was the makeup water at close to the same temperature as the tank water?
He started right before the water change. I thought that would pick him up. Water source was the same and temp 1 degree higher. I left lid open to cool back down from 81F to 80F. It did that in about an hour. He did have a very small bend or bump, slightly noticeable on one side. He may have had what vets call an “iceberg tumor” where most of the growth is under the skin. Just can’t understand that getting him so fast.

My handsome boy began laying at the bottom of the tank the other day. Water was fine and saw nothing apparent. Added some aquarium salt. He was still coming up to eat until this morning. I checked on him a couple of hours later and he was gone. I can usually figure these things out but this one caught me off guard. RIP, sweet Edgar. View attachment 109500View attachment 109501
I'm sorry for your loss. he was beautiful

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back