TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
We have a winner in Tropical Fish Forums'
May 2021
Pet of the Month Contest

We had 11 pampered pets entered in this month's POTM contest. But only one could win...

And the winner is.......
:band:
:hooray:
I Like Rare Fish
Let's all congratulate him
:drinks:
Here's his very unique Ghost Mantis named Charlie and its description
03c0478f-1ca0-4c43-ab86-d86376ac0ad7-png.136755
Ok! This is my Phyllocrania Paradoxica, or Ghost Mantis.

About Ghost Mantises:

These guys get a mere 1.5 inches. They live around 7-9 months. You can tell them apart by the crown. They can also be kept together.

About him:

His name is Charlie. He lives in a 2.5 gallon tank. He was ordered online from us.mantis.com. I feed him Greenbottle flies, Earwigs, and the occasional grub or worm. He loves to climb on my hand. I also got bit by him once! It didn’t really hurt, it was just like “AHHH, I didn’t expect that!” He enjoys climbing on newspaper as well. Thinks it is his personal playground.

Housing:

Charlie lives in a 2.5 gallon tank. He has a substrate from Joshua Tree. I put in a few rocks, and some sticks. He also has orchid bark, oak leaves, and some other stuff I found in my yard at the bottom.

This is my second try for photography. This time, I used a camera I use for macro stuff in the field. Isnt the best pic, but whatever!

Dont only vote on cuteness!

Last edited:
Congrats go out to @I Like Rare Fish with his very unique Ghost Mantis. Great picture and great pet!
Coming in second place is @FroFro with her Awesome Australian Shephard. Good job, FroFro.
Coming in third place is @itiwhetu with his beautiful cat that can walk on water. Nice photo!
For those who didn't win or didn't enter, we hope you enter our next Pet of the Month contest in mid July.
Thanks to all members who particiapted in this month's Pet of the Month contest.

For the next 5 days we will be accepting entries in our Tank of the Month contest featuring tanks sized at 16 gallons and smaller. Get those tanks ready and enter the TOTM contest.

Last edited:
Well done! I’m glad you entered another photo - I couldn’t identify him at all in the original and thought the ‘ghost’ was some sort of joke 😳😂

Congrats on the win... :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back