I Have Finally Resorted To Force Feeding...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

guppy2002

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
its amazing that my bent little garter is still living.he didnt straighten out, but hes LIVING!!! after about 3 weeks of not eating, i finally got brave enough to force feed.this is extremely hard because he is so tiny. right mow i am just feeding him small crickets because thats what i have for my frogs.about 12 hrs after i feed him, he poops.so at least i know he can digest food. but the poop is like one little black thing and brown splattered around it is this what it is supposed to look like? i have never kept snake before...
rolleyes.gif

Well if it IS a Garter Snake, it wants to be eating pinky mice and lancefish NOT crickets.... Also, PLEASE be careful force feeding a baby snake!!!! They are so fragile it's unbelievable.

What I would do is get a pinky mouse, defrost it and brain it. Leave it in the viv/tub, in the dark for 24 hours. If it's not gone then take it out. Leave the snake for 7 days then try again but this time defrost the pinky mouse and rub it against some defrosted lancefish to get the fishy scent into it since Garters eat fish in the wild. Once again, leave it for 24 hours in the dark with NO disturbance whatsoever! Check and if it's still not gone then I would resort to force feeding mouse tails(Not Crickets!) as a mouse tail can slip down easily. Be very, very careful force feeding please! Do you have any updated pictures as I can most likely ID it perfectly for you. I can't tell from your other thread.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back