I have eggs!!!! HELP

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dylan Breslin

Reaction score
Hi so today I noticed my female krib acting all strange attacking the male anytime she made eye contact. Along with the African butterfly fish anytime she saw him floating around so I decided to take a look in her plant pot using a flashlight and there they was about 20/30 eggs on the side wall of the pot. First of all is it best to take the male out as it looks like he's having quite a rough time in there or has he still got business to do? Secondly how will I know if the the male has fertilised the eggs? She very rarely leaves her pot unless she is making a Dash to warn off another's fish any advice would help here are a few pics also

Attachments

• IMG_0200.JPG
    IMG_0200.JPG
    483.6 KB · Views: 197
Leave the male in with the female unless he starts to get injured (damaged fins, etc). It's highly unlikely the female will damage him tho. The male normally guards the outside of the nest and the female sits in the cave and fans the eggs.

If Kribensis have bred, the eggs will be fertile.

The following link has information about culturing food for baby fish. Baby cichlids can eat newly hatched brineshrimp as a first food. They will also eat microworms.
http://www.fishforums.net/threads/back-to-basics-when-breeding-fish.448304/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back