I Have A Plan - Or Do I (riccia & Homemade Co2)

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

paulbr1

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi, I am after some advice, I read Jimboo's Pinned on Riccia and it got me thinking.....

So I ordered my Riccia and plan to multiply initially as per Jimboo, then I started thinking about food I read about CO2, went to UKAPS got scared and came back here......ha ha.

So I have ordered a diffuser (en route) and purchased more airline and am thinking making my own CO2 using yeast and sugar - no problem.

Then as I have also started "homebrew wine" I thought can I tap off the CO2 that the wine is nicely producing (26L of active red) as there is loads of it and use it for the Riccia.

My question is - am I losing the plot or could this work?

Anybody tried this previously?

As long as you can keep the flow constant and not too high then you should be fine.

I have been experimenting with using homebrew for my CO2 for a while now. I stick to a fairly similar setup to the 2litre bottle technique, except I flavour my liquer (usually with ginger or nettle) and tap it off for a few days before the CO2 release is set to slow in order to carbonate the drink.

The process has never done any harm to the fish, but has caused many hangovers for me!

Tom

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back