I Got Oscars!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ethos

Fish Aficionado
Reaction score
Hey guys! I just got oscars! I just added one of them about four hours ago and the other about an hour ago. I'm excited for them to mature and charectorize!
2 medium sized tigers. I got them as a pair from the same tank at the store so hopefully they're a "pair".
I'm going to switch feeding them between shrimp, pellet-sticks and pellets...
I've always wanted a mature oscar, so this should be an expirence..

Good luck , what size tank are they in ?
Currently a 55G. I know eventually they'll simply out grow it, but I got them for a deal so I couldn't help myself. I always wanted oscars.. Ever since I started this hobby. I know it wasn't smart at all to buy 2, but they were so cheap. When the time comes I'll either move up to a 75G or give one away. I was also told by the LFS owner if they didn't get along well I could return one for store credit.
They're both pretty dull in color and more dull black then orange and black, but I when they get settled and get fed I think they'll color up nicely.

Impulse shopping is not good!

Discus I dont know why you feel the need to say something stupid like ''what have you been smoking''

If you were paying attention there are a few things you would have noticed.

Original topic posted at 7:16 pm
Telling them of their spelling error 7:19 pm
''This post has been edited by Ethos: Today, 07:21 PM''

I haven't been ''smoking anything''.. so don't make stupid comments about me in the future.

my oscars were a pair too, but they outgrew all their tankmates so i gave them to a LFS owner friend of mine and hes putting them in their own store display tank :)
good luck with your oscars!
try to get the same brand of pellets and sticks each time because when u change an oscars brand of food, for a while at the start they will keep spitting it out.. they are fussy when it comes to that.
anyway, good luck and get us all some pics posted :p
tuurlijk

anyway, hope your oscars are actually a pair, how big are they atm?
They're between 4-6 inches right now, so I'm guessing they're about halfway grown.

Thansk vancouver for correcting my spelling mistake ;)

I snapped a few photos tonight - they're all pretty blurry, forgive me!

59998dc8.jpg

NYandnano023.jpg

NYandnano022.jpg

try to get the same brand of pellets and sticks each time because when u change an oscars brand of food, for a while at the start they will keep spitting it out.. they are fussy when it comes to that.
anyway, good luck and get us all some pics posted :p
tuurlijk

Totally untrue! Change your food as often as you can afford. I use 3 brands of pellets, and at least 6 different frozen/freeze dried foods for my oscar. He has gotten to the point where he won't touch low quality food. They do spit food out a lot but thats just typical oscar behavior. They can get picky if they are only fed one type of food but if you vary it a lot they get used to trying new things. The only problem is if they were fed a lot of live food (ie feeder fish). Feeder fed oscars usually are annoying, ill tempered fish with horrible color and usually take forever to get onto good food because they don't even see pellets as food.

anyway, hope your oscars are actually a pair, how big are they atm?
They're between 4-6 inches right now, so I'm guessing they're about halfway grown.

Thansk vancouver for correcting my spelling mistake ;)
if between 4-6 inches is their half growthsize then you be lucky to get that, even at the top end of your guess ur guessing 1ft, which is minimum max size for female, male min is usually around 14 inches usually longer

yeh guppymonkey becoz uve been in my house, and seen my oscars spit out ther food when i change it?
you cant say it isnt true, what would i gain from lying to a new oscar owner?
the joint point of these two posts is to change ur food often or he WILL get hooked on one type.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back