🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

PheonixKingZ

Fish Guru
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Went to my LFS and got new fish!

I got 8 Harlequin Rasboras and 6 Juli Corys. The Cory’s are adorable and went to work sifting through the sand as soon as I got them in the tank.

The HR’s as doing good as well. There are a few that seem really young, if not malnourished, that’s why the worker gave me those 2 for free.

I payed a total of $65 for all of them, which I am very happy with. My new job helped me achieve these fish.

Anyway, enough talking, here are the cuties!
CBF8CE42-9EF0-4305-8811-ACF103BD03F4.jpeg

Cat seemed interested in new arrivals...
545AA20F-3255-45EA-A4DD-1D39362EADD3.jpeg

HR’s:
DC7AF9E5-551B-474E-A43C-135DEDA27B59.jpeg

Whole take:
7F47CF5F-938E-4B24-8632-F944AFABA772.jpeg

(Good pictures with come later, when I good camera is charged - these were taken from my iPad, which has a terrible camera, lol)

The HR’s are schooling quit nicely and the neons seem to be getting along great.

Your tank is looking awesome!

Great stuff.

Corys are nice, it’s always good when you get new fish to add
They are are nice! Just watched one filter feeding I even saw it blink! I swear these are my new favorite animal... :wub:

As is yours mate..

I dropped my poking implement earlier when I was trying to get a snail out of the filter intake and appeared like Jaws - scared the life out of me

Adorable trilineatus :D still pretty young

Thank you kindly! It’s not at his prime, to be honest, but it’s still satisfactory.

Very pretty, PK :-
Thanks! The HR’s are schooling nicely, more than the neons which is kind of surprising.

Adorable trilineatus :D still pretty young
You and your Latin terms... :grr:

Thanks! Yes, definitely young. They had some HUGE bronze’s there today, biggest I have ever seen.

——————-

Quick question: Some of the neons are picking on the 2 runts (juveniles/malnourished), chasing them/nipping them. Is this normal? They usually stay in the group and I’ve only seen the, do it once or twice.

————-

Just watching these cuties are making me giddy, lol. They are so cute when they filter feed. And when they BLINK. I’ve never seen them do that before, lol.

They are a lot bigger than my panda Cory’s, probably because they were ill kept.

You and your Latin terms... :grr:
better than common names whenever it comes to iding as it can be misleading and confusing.

Quick question: Some of the neons are picking on the 2 runts (juveniles/malnourished), chasing them/nipping them. Is this normal? They usually stay in the group and I’ve only seen the, do it once or twice.
probably establishing a hierarchy.

Just watching these cuties are making me giddy, lol. They are so cute when they filter feed. And when they BLINK. I’ve never seen them do that before, lol.
corys don't blink. they actually roll their eyes back.

They can blink if I want them to blink! :rofl:

Is that just like a pecking order?
no, it's not blinking. rolling eyes back isn't the same as blinking. no corys can blink as they don't have eyelids.

yes

no, it's not blinking. rolling eyes back isn't the same as blinking. no corys can blink as they don't have eyelids.

yes
Ok, I was just joking. :lol:

Ok, so it shouldn’t last forever?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back