I Got Myself A Black Lancer Catfish

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

QuotheRaven

Something smells humany
Reaction score
I have read on multiple sites that Black Lancer's are hard to get and wondering is it the case now? What about their availability in Aus?

I bought one today and it's about 2 inches nice and healthy looking and was in with 2 others... I was so happy... I have only seen a fully grown one in a display tank and they sell them but they sold out and the display one was not for sale.... Now all I have to do is save $75 for a Striped Raphael to go with my Spotted Raphael :D

I sadly couldn't get a photo of it I will try if there is any interest in this thread :D... I got some great pics of my Leocassis Siamensis though it's only taken me 5 months to get the pictures I will post them when I get a chance

I can get you a Striped Raphael for $35 hehe. I got one and the gf (vampireplec) has one. Would like a Spotted Raphael never seen on in my part of Aus. Spotted Raphael grow smaller then striped rapheal dont they? Do you know how to tell the difference in sex of the Striped Raphael by any chance?

I believe they are somewhat similiar sizes the spotted and striped...my spotted Raphael has lodged itself in a crevice in some wood and when it's light I have seen it come out of there once in two months.... it used to get out alot but stopped now.... I wouldn't know how to tell the difference in sex Bozza....

I managed to get about 4 pics of it but there not very good I will post them soon but I am so busy at the moment. It is only small at the moment so it is no where near as impressive as it will be :D

Out of curiosity, which LFS did you get it from? The only time i've ever seen them was at a shop over near Preston, i forget it's name exactly, but i know where it is, lol.

i saw some of these on the wkend, i think it might have been at the pet super store at stafford? bout $22 to $26, kinda looked like a asian bumble bee catfish ( i have one of these) but with a squashed pig face? ( sorry only way i cauld think of discribing it).

Sorry I was away doing mid year exams and didn't get time to get on the forum...I got the Black Lancer from Pet goods direct in Chirnside Park...and Vampire Plec they get much bigger and nicer than a Bumblebee Catfish...although thats not discounting the Bumblebee catfish :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back