I got mad, then sad...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

juliethegr8t

Addicted and in Therapy
Reaction score
This afternoon I went to a pet store I don't usually go to, because it's far and expensive. However, they had just got in a new shipment of bettas so I had to check them out. :p Then I noticed what looked like two males in the same bowl! :crazy: They were flaring and going nuts at each other, so I looked closer and realized they were in seperate containers. It was set up like this - one big round bowl with one in it, and the other was in a vase set inside the bowl. Neither had much room. -_- But the thing is, those poor guys are gonna get stressed like no other. Seeing each other ALL the time?! And with only clear stuff between them?! Man... it sucks. They were already stressed too - whenever they stopped flaring for a second they'd sink to the bottom and heave. I wish I coulda brought one home, but they woulda just put another in there to replace it. :sad:

And I'm also sad that I didn't get a new betta. I almost did, but my weekly BA (Bettas Anonymous) meetings are helping me control the urges. But there was this gorgeous sky blue crowntail.... :look: :-(

I got hatchetfish instead. :p

sry julie, that sucks that the only way that they can sell fighting fish is to have them trying to fight -_- did u say anything to the manager or imployees? congrats on the hatchet fish thogh ;)

And where are these meetings you speak of? :dunno: :p

Did you get marble or silver hatchets?

Thats horrible Julie, Did you tell anyone off? You could write a handful of nasty letters then tie them to a brick and hit the guy who out the bettas there on the head with it, Sure some may say my methods are ludicrusly extreem, Perhaps insaine, and sure they may be right, But nothing beats the satisfaction of a job done right like the feeing of getting back at a betta abuser.

(J/K I wouldnt hit anyone in the head with a brick, The foot is where you want to put it :rofl: )

Also they could have been blackwater hatchets, They would be my choice for a small tank,

Unfortunately the manager wasn't there and the guy getting fish for me knew nothing about bettas. :no:

Psh, comet, haven't you heard? They're at Kelly's house, where we are surrounded by beautiful bettas and aren't allowed to touch them. :hyper: :look:

Also, I got marble hatchets. They weren't super healthy, but I haven't been able to find them anywhere else and I really wanted a couple. One died on the way home though. :(

Opcn, Im TOTALLY on you with this :lol: Maybe a cinderblock would be good.. :lol:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back