I got an Emperor 280,

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Chunandler

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
As you all know, or maybe you don't, I'm getting a 30 gallon tank soon. I was at the pet store today and bought an Emperor 280. I had been eyeing it for awhile. I figured I'd put it in my 10 gallon now to let some bacteria build up so when I move it to the 30 gal, the tank will cycle faster. It's a tad noisy but I had to move the hood to fit it. It's huge compared to my other filter and it has a bio-wheel and I can add other filtrations media. :D What do you all think? It cost me a pretty penny. :X I think the noise may go down as it breaks in. :p

Wow talk about overfiltration...I don't think you'll have to worry about water quality in the 10 gal :lol: :lol: :lol: ...with that size filter on the 10 does it blast a hole in the substrata, or do you set it to the lowest flow rate?

Mine was making a noise in the beginning, but then I fixed it. It doesn't make any noise but water flow now. Or at least so it seems to me. If you say it is noisy, maybe something isn't adjusted right on the inside. Just thought I would post that. I am not even close to knowledgeable about fishkeeping, just got my 46 bowed set up 2 weeks ago.

I've taken it apart, you just hear the low hum of the motor. It clean inside though. The only nosisy thing is the water hitting water. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back