I got a job...

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Take care Phoenix.
Don't injured yourself during work especially if you need to carry heavy things.
Many guys injured their backs when carrying heavy things.
The injury can be permanent and serious.

Ask for help if you need to.
This is a great point. It's easy when you're young and strong to ignore the 'health and safety' lectures in workplaces about lifting with your knees and not your back, dividing loads, things like that. It can feel silly and un-natural when you're young and feel invinsible, and lifting heavy boxes doesn't hurt you at all. But it's still doing minor damage that builds up, and as someone who did a lot of heavy lifting work when I was in my teens and early twenties, but is now in her late thirties, believe me, you'll wish you'd followed those health and safety pointers when the pain begins.

My mother has been disabled from her back problems for decades now, even a major surgery inserting rods and pins into her spine didn't do enough to repair the damage and ease the pain. You don't want to make a mistake in your teens and twenties that ends up with decades of pain.

Back problems are awful and very hard to fix, so be safe! You're smart enough to take care of yourself, just please be careful now, so you'll still be strong and able later on in life :)

Awesome, brother! I'm in the market for a new job myself. I bet some of y'all have had my products in your home or at least seen them in your local grocery store or GNC.

As the others have said, be very mindful of your back. I remember being young and bulletproof and I'm paying for it now. Back injuries are the worst and I will have to live with my back problems for the rest of my life. But, a good hard days work is a very satisfying feeling. Not as good as payday, but you'll enjoy a certain amount of pride in a job well done.

If you need to lift things over 60 lbs, maybe wear a special belt to protect your back.
They sell them on amazon...look for "back support belt"

Thanks!

So it looks like right now, I will be working a full day on Friday. Still is nice money, for someone my age. :cool:

I get the back thing... I was lifting a lot of heavy stuff today, as we were carrying heavy food boxes for CAP distribution. I am feeling it in my back now. I guess I really don’t think about it, but I really do need to. :/

Usually we like to be independent and to do things by ourselves.
Also, we may have a sense of pride that we don't like to ask for help.
But we really need to ask for help for heavy stuff. Back injury is serious.

My mum's situation is quite similar to Adora's mum.
When she was younger, she slipped, fell and injured her back. She used to be very strong when she was young.
But nowadays, she need my sister to push her with wheelchair to the bathroom.
I really pity her to see her suffering. The back injury caused her unable to walk far. She can only walk a very short distance. And she feels the back pain everyday.

Another thing is to carry heavy stuff the right way especially when you are lifting it up. Learn the right techniques of carrying and lifting heavy stuff.
Squat down when you need to lift heavy things up.
Don't bend down to lift things up as it will injure your back especially for heavy stuff.

And never be shy to ask for help in carrying heavy stuff.

Last edited:
Today was my first day of work! I got a job at a place called “ToyBurg” which is a huge distribution place, for all sorts of stuff. (Legos*, kids toys, soda, jolly ranchers, pretty much everything you can think of)

My boss is also a really cool guy. :cool:

I am telling you guys this, because I will be on the forum a LOT less. :/

Here is my schedule:

Mon. (Work, school)
Tue. (Drum lessons, CAP)
Wed. (Work, school)
Thur. (Work, school) (except for this week, because I will be packing and distributing meals through CAP)
Fri. (Work, school)

Pretty busy, as you can see. I work in the mornings, and then do school in the afternoon. Don’t get me wrong, I still will be here! Just not has actively.

(I don’t know if you guys really care about my schedule, lol.)

* @Barry Tetra, ToyBurg is the #2 biggest distributor of Legos, to “BrickLink” - pretty cool huh? ;)

Congratulations and best of luck!

Thanks for all the help with my tank I can't wait to show you the 20 gallon once I have it up and running

Thanks! Won't be working this week, but still will be really busy.

Congrats on getting your first job PK!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back