I Found Tiny Fish On My Tank! Help!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nic1

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I was watching my tank when I noticed 4 really small tadpole like fish, they are either danios or corys... the other fish are too big to have fry that size....
I don't know what to do with them or how to care for them, ATM they are in a tea strainer as the baby tank has 10 day old Molly's in it, I can't let them take their chances in the big tank or the will be eaten....
What do I do?? What do they eat?
Thanks
BTW, I was meant to write in the tank.... not on it!

Attachments

• 38139-1_20140413_175023.jpg
    38139-1_20140413_175023.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 32
Can you get a closer picture?? It may help. it is probably danio fry?

I can try.....
I'm almost certain that they are danio now after looking it up on the net....
Just found two more.... its Sunday today so I can't get out and get anything for them.
I have decapsulated brine shrimp eggs and crushed powdered flakes.
I can go and get another breeding net after work tomo, but what food do I get? Can I give them the brine shrimp eggs? :s
Thanks

Sorry its not clearer they are so small and I need a better camera!

Attachments

• P_20140413_183013_20140413_183758.jpg
    P_20140413_183013_20140413_183758.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 36
I read that you can boil an egg till it's hard boiled,  then you can take the yoke and wrap  it in a piece of gauze and squeeze it till the yoke oozes out.  Then hang it into the tank and the fry will pick at it. 

That sounds like a good idea... I've put in some BS eggs as they are tiny but I think that even they are too big for them, I'm going to have to do it in the morning now as I think I've messed about too much with them, I may be stressing them out... feel like a mid wife the amount of fish fry that keep on appearing.

Tommorrow I would go out and buy some food especially for fry. And congrats on having fry!

big_boss.gif
this calls for a cigar---congrats on your new fry---you need to get them fed as soon as possible

Actually I will boil an egg now for them, just been googling the best way to do it, feed them then sit back and have that cigar :)

You'll need to do regular water changes if using egg yolk as it can foul the water very quickly, the same with liquifry.
Use a dropper or syringe to put food in as it's very easy to overfeed tiny fry

Yes, I've just fed them with a syringe, they didn't even respond to it yet, my baby Molly's loved it on the other hand.
I'm going to get them a bigger net tomo so I don't pollute the water so quickly. I syphon clean the baby tanks every day (Bare bottom) And do a partial water changes every other day as all the fry are in breeding boxes in the main tank. Its very large BTW.
I just hope they grow quickly.
Does anyone know how quickly they grow? Or have any other info? Are they relatively easy to rear like Molly's?
First time Danio parent and Google is so conflicting.

You needn't go to all this trouble, if they really are danio fry. Just feed 'em flake crushed as fine as you can make it!

(I've raised zebra danios before.)

Hope this helps!

Most reactions

trending

Back