I Found A Tiger :d

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tabbycat80535

Reaction score
here is the pride and joy of my collection, I have yet to name him and was wondering if anyone had any space theme ideas? I have orbit, quark, luna, and sol...(hes on the bottom)
pride3_zps57f9f87d.jpg

here's the stripies(he's being a bit photo shy)

pride1_zpsfdfceef9.jpg

regular lighting and not showing off his floresents
CAM00178_zpscbaac892.jpg

Here's my other

triflareup_zps7588680d.jpg

CAM00227_zpsf424f2de.jpg

Is this fish in a bowl? He's pretty, but it looks like he's in a bowl. 

He kind of looks like a Neptune to me.

yeah i live in an apartment so i have to watch the space and weight. I have them in 1/2 gal to 1 gal bowls. i keep them clean and they have live plants. The fist beta i had i had in a 6 gal. the curent was too strong and he tired easly. i did research and ound that the enjoy smaller enviroments with little or no current. with my buget atm this is comfort i can give them. I would however like to see them in 3 gal bowls/tanks.

For reference, the betta cups that these fish are sold in are only .3 gallons. You really need to find more suitable homes for them. They appreciate some flow. They need at least five gallons. It's something of a myth that they do not enjoy larger tanks. 

Bettas need a bigger setup.  The reason being is they require a heater to keep them at a stable temperature of 78F -84F. If you can not keep the temperature stable and warm, they will be stressed and are more likely to get sick. I do not recommend anything under 2.5 gallons and that is pushing it.  With the space you are taking up with all the 1 gallon bowls and 1/2 gallon containers, You could easily get a couple of 5 gallon tanks and divide them each to hold 2 bettas or a couple 10 gallons(which might actually be cheaper) and divide them to hold 4 bettas which would be much better for your bettas.  Bettas are better off in larger containers and enjoy lots of space.  The thought that they like smaller environments comes from the wrong assumption that they come from muddy puddles in the wild.  They originate in rice paddys which span miles upon miles of shallow very warm water.  Most bettas do not like a lot of current but there are ways to make the filters not produce that much current to help them out.  How often are you changing the water in your "tanks"?  For the ones under 1 gallon, it needs to be 100% every day and on the 1 gallon ones 100% every other day to keep the ammonia from hurting your fish.  I know you love your fish which is why I am giving you some advice on ways to help them as much as possible with as little extra cost as possible.  

Oh and I almost forgot.  Some of your plants are not aquatic and will eventually foul the water.  The bamboo is the one that stands out to me the most out of those pics.

Wildbetta said:
Bettas need a bigger setup.  The reason being is they require a heater to keep them at a stable temperature of 78F -84F. If you can not keep the temperature stable and warm, they will be stressed and are more likely to get sick. I do not recommend anything under 2.5 gallons and that is pushing it.  With the space you are taking up with all the 1 gallon bowls and 1/2 gallon containers, You could easily get a couple of 5 gallon tanks and divide them each to hold 2 bettas or a couple 10 gallons(which might actually be cheaper) and divide them to hold 4 bettas which would be much better for your bettas.  Bettas are better off in larger containers and enjoy lots of space.  The thought that they like smaller environments comes from the wrong assumption that they come from muddy puddles in the wild.  They originate in rice paddys which span miles upon miles of shallow very warm water.  Most bettas do not like a lot of current but there are ways to make the filters not produce that much current to help them out.  How often are you changing the water in your "tanks"?  For the ones under 1 gallon, it needs to be 100% every day and on the 1 gallon ones 100% every other day to keep the ammonia from hurting your fish.  I know you love your fish which is why I am giving you some advice on ways to help them as much as possible with as little extra cost as possible.
Precisely.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back