I forgot that plecos are

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guyb93

Fish Herder
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I actually forgot how boring plecos really are , lucky they grow so big or else you would never see them , iv had my l200 for a month now and it’s name has been changed from shrek to Anne frank Cus all it does is hide my brother asked me the other day so what’s your most valuable fish I said probably the pleco “ show me” he says ahahah

does anybody know why we actually buy them ?

They’re cute when you actually do seen them... :lol:
oh they are cute in fairness and I guess not seeing them means your doing an ok job at giving them a good environment but come on I paid for you you free loader show me lol

I actually forgot how boring plecos really are , lucky they grow so big or else you would never see them , iv had my l200 for a month now and it’s name has been changed from shrek to Anne frank Cus all it does is hide my brother asked me the other day so what’s your most valuable fish I said probably the pleco “ show me” he says ahahah
If you're looking for something sociable, get a sailfin! They're a little pricey and get very big but mine's definitely my prized possession. Very friendly!
does anybody know why we actually buy them ?
I think they're just a staple of the hobby, really. If someone comes to see your tank they'll probably go "do you have one of those sucker fish?" and if you do, then their eyes are immediately drawn to the nasty stringers they leave all over your tank. Gotta love em.
I must be in the minority that think they're butt-ugly and freaky looking :crazy:
Personally preference, really. I think cichlids are the ugliest fish in the hobby. Horrible little faces. Evil things.

I think cichlids are the ugliest fish in the hobby. Horrible little faces. Evil things.
Hmmm now, let me see..

Screenshot_20210506_154324.jpg

Or
Screenshot_20210506_154302.jpg

It's a no brainer! ?

Bristlenoses are the exception. I think they're vile honestly. Only plecos I don't like.
Problem is though, bristlenoses are the only ones (that I know of) suitable for smaller tanks (like 20 longs). I bought a bristlenose for my 55 gallon in the hopes I got a female! While I appreciate how cool the spikes are, I PERSONALLY don’t find them attractive

Problem is though, bristlenoses are the only ones (that I know of) suitable for smaller tanks (like 20 longs). I bought a bristlenose for my 55 gallon in the hopes I got a female! While I appreciate how cool the spikes are, I PERSONALLY don’t find them attractive
Aah I almost got a bristlenose off a friend, but I didn't want to risk getting a male!

If you're looking for something sociable, get a sailfin! They're a little pricey and get very big but mine's definitely my prized possession. Very friendly!

I think they're just a staple of the hobby, really. If someone comes to see your tank they'll probably go "do you have one of those sucker fish?" and if you do, then their eyes are immediately drawn to the nasty stringers they leave all over your tank. Gotta love em.

Personally preference, really. I think cichlids are the ugliest fish in the hobby. Horrible little faces. Evil things.
I had a sailfin pleco it does early this year he was 13 inches and gorgeous but I think the only reason I saw him so much was because of how big he was

Ahahahahahahahahaa. If my BN is a male I will exchange it for a longfin albino BN and hope for a female again lol
Wishing you luck!
I had a sailfin pleco it does early this year he was 13 inches and gorgeous but I think the only reason I saw him so much was because of how big he was
Awww, how old was he? Hope mine lives long enough to get to that size.
I think my favorite kind of pleco are the Starlight BN plecos
Yes!! L183, right? Zebras, snowballs and starlight BNPs are my favourites. Commons and sailfins are up there, too.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back